Facebook on Ally? Anyone else having trouble?Support

Last Updated:

1. Gink

Gink Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On my Eris I could go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add Account > FB....enter my log-in information and then Facebook would show up as an account under Google where I could control the sync settings. On the Ally when I hit Add Account and then FB it flashes back to the account page and the only account that shows up is Google. So, if it doesn't add FB then I can't sync my contacts or anything else. Anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement
  2. csilence79

csilence79 New Member

I'm having the same problem I have found that if you use Socialite you can import your Facebook contacts to your phone contacts but it doesn't work as well as it did on the Eris. I hope that they fix this problem soon.

3. lobster_01

lobster_01 Member

I'm also having severe trouble with this. Can't sync Facebook to contacts at all (selecting it does nothing), so I tried using the built-in Socialite app to do so.

My polite evaluation of Socialite thus far is that it would more aptly be named "Anti-Social". Short of crashing the phone it wouldn't be much worse. It won't load profiles, even my own. It won't allow the most basic interaction with Facebook -- if I try to "like" a friend's status it spins for a minute, then times out. It took over four hours to "confirm" my ~550 friends and when it was done, it had loaded none of their pictures.

Now, Socialite appears to have worked for a few other people, so my grasping at straws guess is that it might relate to Facebook privacy settings. But, given that I log into Socialite with full Facebook credentials, I'd be surprised if that was the issue.

Orin

4. lobster_01

lobster_01 Member

Complained to Verizon about this today, after talking with LG support got me nowhere. We'll see if I'm just wasting my time here...

5. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

I just wish they would give us the option to uninstall socialite! That would help a ton right there. Then we could just load the facebook for android and be done with it. This phone needs root in a bad way

6. lobster_01

lobster_01 Member

Agree on all counts.

I was neutral to Socialite until I discovered it was totally busted, can't even get profiles. Have a thread going on the LG support board where their "Pro" has the same problems, and is looking into it. LG regular tech support said "we don't do software, call Verizon." Verizon ticket submitted via web and thread on Verizon community Android Device forum are thus far ignored.

If they can't fix this soon, wonder if I can ditch this phone for a Droid 2 preorder, assuming it has a half-decent keyboard.

7. Diver88

Diver88 Active Member

my girlfriend had the same issue with her new ally. i had to go into the market and download the facebook app. the phone didnt come with the updates needed. once it was installed it worked.

8. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

It allowed you to sync facebook? Socialite didn't kill the sync screen before it can load? Did you ever use socialite to begin with?

9. artcloud

artcloud Well-Known Member

Use SyncMyPix and ditch Verizon Backup Assist if you are using it. Take the time and manually put those contact into Gmail. You will be pleasantly rewarded. I think Socialite also works if you ditch Verizon Backup Assist, however SyncMyPix gives you the option, once finished syncing, to manually link peoples FB account to your phone contacts. This is convenient for when it doesn't pick up the difference in contact names (ie: people with the same names, nicknames as your contact entry and people that put stupid sh*t as their FB account name).

Hope this helps, it did on my Ally!

thedrizl and Outlaw.99 like this.
  10. jonhoglund

jonhoglund Well-Known Member

My girlfriend has the same problem, i can't get it fixed..keeping an eye on this one for a solution. PLEASE HELP!

11. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

I cant get any profile pics to load... It also tells me that 384 have not confirmed their accounts... They should have just left this one alone...

12. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

all these problems are ally specific, they are facebook for android specific. worst pre loaded app in the history of android IMO

13. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

I hard reset (to clear the socialite data) and use syncmypics... It even has ability to save to google once pics are there....Great phone as long as you dont use Socialite... Apps from market are better....

Talking with LG Pro about it so they know about it, and he said they are trying to fix... VZW wanted this on there so LG is not the only issue here...

http://www.lgcommunity.com/forums/aff/6/aft/6333/afv/topic/afpg/1.aspx

14. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

ditched vzw backup assist, downloaded facebook for android and syncmypics ffrom the market. worked like a charm. thanx for the info.

15. jonhoglund

jonhoglund Well-Known Member

My GF got a system update last night.... FACEBOOK SYNC WORKS!!! For the most part anyway.... a few contacts lagging

Anyone else???