Support Facebook phonebook - Can i...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ashthorpe87, Oct 25, 2009.

1. ashthorpe87

ashthorpe87 New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Hi All, Can I possibly sync my phonebook to the phonebook I have on Facebook with all my contacts on there??

Advertisement

2. Lefthand

Lefthand Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Male
    UK
    No, as far as i know you can only sync with Google mail. It's better than Facebook anyway..

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember
    VIP Member

Oct 18, 2008
    The Facebook app has a live folder you can add to your homescreen with all of your Facebook contacts.

4. subhramani

subhramani Member

Sep 30, 2009
    I guess importing contact information from Facebook is far better as Gmail ends up importing contacts from every single email you get whether you want it or not and the same thing comes up in your phone.
    Lots of people use a lot of symbols n shit in their 'name' field in Orkut and the same thing comes to your phone. So I really dont like the idea of importing all contacts from Google.

I badly want a way to import email addresses and phone numbers from facebook. Hope it happens soon.

5. gnarlyDUCK

gnarlyDUCK Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Yes, this is how i found to use the FB Phonebook:

Add shortcut > folder > live folder > Facebook phonebook
    [​IMG]

6. idheath

idheath Member

Oct 1, 2009
    I can't see the Facebook phonebook widget under live folders :-(, do i need to install something?

7. subhramani

subhramani Member

Sep 30, 2009
    @gnarlyDUCK
    Thanks for the tip. Really helpful.

@idheath
    You need to install the Facebook app first, before you can get the phonebook option under live folders.

8. SoopaMan

SoopaMan New Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Madeira Beach, FL
    I have Facebook on my Hero, and I went to add to home> folder...and I have a Facebook phonebook but no live phonebook. I want to be able to see live Facebook feeds on my home screen. Can anyone help?

9. arunatl

arunatl New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Did you got the solution for this ?

10. Huawei Sean

Huawei Sean Active Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I think your looking for the facebook widget. Go to add (longtouch) > Widgets > facebook. You should then be able to see some live updates from facebook on your homescreen.

11. Huawei Sean

Huawei Sean Active Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I cant find my facebook phonebook in any folder. I have had it before, i think i just logged out or something and now i cant find the folder. Is there something I'm overlooking?

If I figured it out when I first got my phone, it shouldn't be so hard the 2nd time around lol

Tags: