Facebook pic not syncing!?Support

Last Updated:

1. 5Strong

5Strong Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason I can not get the profile pictures of my facebook contacts to show as the pic next to the corresponding contact in the contact app. Had it working on my Droid, but the Epic is not cooperating.

Any trick to this?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

I tried the generic syncing with Facebook, but that imports all my Facebook friends into my phone's Contacts - not good - so I turned that off.

So I found this free app on the market called SyncMyPix. It's a little buggy I think. It didn't automatically link all my friends to my contacts, but it does save the profile pics in a cache folder. Go back into Contacts, edit the pics and point to the one saved in the cache folder.

It's a little hokey but it works. Has anybody come up with a better solution?

3. CzechPleez

CzechPleez Well-Known Member

There were some known bugs with the last version of FB for Android. Of course FB says the latest version fixes known bugs. What I've found is that you have to uninstall the old version of the FB app. Reboot your Epic. Go to Android Market upon rebooting and install the latest version of FB for Android. Then set up all that you wish to sync. Should work after that.

Epicurean likes this.
  4. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

I had no idea that AppBrain wasn't putting in the latest version. Thanks - new version works great!