• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook pic overrides Android pic

Try this:

Click on People (contacts), Select your contact.Then the 4th option over on the bottom, click on that. It's the sync option.

Above you'll see the photo. At the top right you'll see Google with some kind of symbol. Click on that. When you do than, the photo will get a drop down menu where you can click on the photo to change it.

Reactions: sobsmb
Upvote 0
Try this:

Click on People (contacts), Select your contact.Then the 4th option over on the bottom, click on that. It's the sync option.

Above you'll see the photo. At the top right you'll see Google with some kind of symbol. Click on that. When you do than, the photo will get a drop down menu where you can click on the photo to change it.

4th option over is "Updates and Events", not Sync. I can break the link between the contact and the facebook account but I'd rather not do that. I want to keep it linked but I don't want to use the facebook pic for the contact.

Upvote 0
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want/like this overboard Facebook integration...

From what I've seen, it will overwrite your selected pic with the person's FB pic. You can then replace the pic and it will stick (for a while ?). Open "People", select your contact, "Menu" button then "Edit" (or scroll down on contact's page to very bottom and select "Edit"). Now click the camera icon at the top and browse to select the pic you want and save.

Upvote 0
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't want/like this overboard Facebook integration...

From what I've seen, it will overwrite your selected pic with the person's FB pic. You can then replace the pic and it will stick (for a while ?). Open "People", select your contact, "Menu" button then "Edit" (or scroll down on contact's page to very bottom and select "Edit"). Now click the camera icon at the top and browse to select the pic you want and save.

Either I did something wrong or that doesn't work. It's still showing the facebook pic for phone calls, messages, etc.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem.

1. Select contact
2. press Menu then Link option
3. press pic in top left corner and select where you want the pic to come from.

Everytime I change it it lasts about 2 minutes then the facebook pic comes back. Why even allow you to change it manually if it just automatically overrides your change. Very annoying.

Would love to find a way to fix this.

Reactions: Emperorsled
Upvote 0
Hmmm, my wife just so happened to call after I did those steps. I had wiped my phone recently and never reset the picture I use for her. When she called, the pic I want showed up. If I look at the call log, it's a very tiny version of the same pic.

I do have the "Facebook for HTC Sense" setting "Sync Contacts" disabled. Maybe that's the difference. In fact, I'll bet it is.

Upvote 0
I have this same problem.

1. Select contact
2. press Menu then Link option
3. press pic in top left corner and select where you want the pic to come from.

Everytime I change it it lasts about 2 minutes then the facebook pic comes back. Why even allow you to change it manually if it just automatically overrides your change. Very annoying.

Would love to find a way to fix this.

That actually has seemed to work for me. The picture stays with what I select. Did not know you could click on the picture. Thank you.

Upvote 0
That actually has seemed to work for me. The picture stays with what I select. Did not know you could click on the picture. Thank you.

Found that in order to keep it from constantly changing back to the Facebook pic automatically I had to uncheck the "Sync Contacts" for Facebook under Settings>Accounts & Sync. This would still keep any Facebook pics but also let me change any pic I wanted manually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones