• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Places or Foursquare

Places Or Foursquare

• Places

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Foursquare

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vinsanity93

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
NY
Should I wait for Places to have points, badges, and rewards like Foursquare or just go for Foursquare? I hear that Places has a lot of potential to surpass Foursquare but like that guy said, it looks pretty boring. I don't want to do Foursquare and then have to start over if/when Places takes off and adds all those points, badges, and rewards.

I'm really just in it for rewards lol...what do you guys think?

Neither, SCVNGR is WAY better. Who cares about stupid badges, I'd rather have something that integrates with Facebook Places (like FourSquare), that allows you to Checkin (like FourSquare), but gives you actual rewards for doing cool/easy challenges (unlike any LB App).

SCVGNR is adding a minimum of 50 restaurants/bars/buer sinesses in every major city, it started on Sept 1st.

Even AT&T used SCVNGR to promoted their Galaxy phone. The person who had the most reward points got the phone for $60.

Reactions: secretLOVER
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Neither, SCVNGR is WAY better. Who cares about stupid badges, I'd rather have something that integrates with Facebook Places (like FourSquare), that allows you to Checkin (like FourSquare), but gives you actual rewards for doing cool/easy challenges (unlike any LB App).

SCVGNR is adding a minimum of 50 restaurants/bars/buer sinesses in every major city, it started on Sept 1st.

Even AT&T used SCVNGR to promoted their Galaxy phone. The person who had the most reward points got the phone for $60.

What kind of rewards? I want things like free stuff or discounts at places that I go to frequently

Upvote 0
What kind of rewards? I want things like free stuff or discounts at places that I go to frequently

That is exactly what you get. For Social Media Day Philly at The Field House Philly you are able to win tshirts, free drinks & other giveaways.

FourSquare is 2 years old and it stopped at Check In. It is so hard to find a lot of places that support FourSquare not to mention you can only add rewards if you "own" the location. FourSquare has not fully allowed all businesses to "own" their actual location and therefore their reward system has suffered.

With SCVNGR, the business gets rewards from SCVNGR, marketing materials, plus demo rewards setup for them once they sign up with SCVNGR.

The challenges include, doing something & taking a picture, scanning a QR Code, answers questions/riddles, and my FAVORITE...The Social Checkin. You "bump" your phone with as many people as you want and it exponentially adds points per person you checked in with. 2 points to check in yourself, 4 points to check in with 2 people, 6 points with 3 people etc etc

Upvote 0
I just used SCVNGR real quick and it looks like you don't even need to be at the location to check in. And there seems to not be a lot of businesses giving out rewards in my area right now -__-

If you are too far away it won't let you checkin. Like I said, they started announcing 50 locations in every major city once a week on september 1st.

This company is only 4-6 months old but I think they have already created something better than FourSquare. Also, you can create your own treks (im going to make one for next years erin express in philly) and challenges

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones