• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Places

Facebook rolled out a new places feature last night. Non-Iphone users are supposed to be able to use it through the touch.facebook.com site, but I am not seeing the Places tab when I navigate to that site. Is anyone else able to access this feature?

BTW, I'm posting here in case this is a phone-related issue and not Android in general.

Been playing about with Places through the touch.facebook site but the accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. Google maps will place me accurately to within a few feet but Bing maps (what Places uses) puts me to within about 20 metres.

Not gonna bother with it anymore until it's part of the Android app cos I made myself look silly to my iPhone mates............lol

Upvote 0
When I go to Google and and search Facebook login,then login the Places does show at top of page and if I remember correctly it will also show when using the Full site option at the bottom of page.I don't use any of the app's for Facebook(to unstable/limited),I just use bookmark once I do the above method.

Upvote 0
When I go to Google and and search Facebook login,then login the Places does show at top of page and if I remember correctly it will also show when using the Full site option at the bottom of page.I don't use any of the app's for Facebook(to unstable/limited),I just use bookmark once I do the above method.

Well apparently I spoke to soon because it's not there now.This and other weird things about Facebook cause me to think they need to spend a whole lot more effort/maint. on their website.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones