Facebook Push Notification Fix. Try these simple steps!

1. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Here you go guys... This is a tutorial on how to get "Push Notification" to your Android phones. Google won't do it - so someone else did. I'm not the Thread Author of this tutorial _ but I saw it, did it..and now it's working for me _ so - I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for YOU. A big thanks goes to CCW 1134 {AC}

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Feedback highly appreciated.

Let me know if the steps above has worked for you...thanks! :D
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I guess that out of all the views...no one tried or was successful in making this process work for them.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

First time I've seen it, but so far since this morning, I've been getting notifications on time.
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Thanks for your feedback.. I guess I have to post this where it could be seen more easily.
  6. KaosStorm

KaosStorm Well-Known Member

A little late, I know, but just until today I got to try it. I logged to FB from a BB and, surely, now I finally get push notifications on my Android.
  7. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member

Sounds like a simple fix, I am going to try this later this evening. I will report back my findings.
  8. angiembfl

angiembfl Well-Known Member

This has really been bugging me too. I don't know anyone with a BB. Maybe I'll hit a store. I'll let you know!
  9. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member

Sadly both of the BlackBerry's I tried last night gave me an error message when trying to access Facebook. Something along the lines of incorrect data plan which was odd considering both were using WiFi.

I'll try again as and when I find another BB in the wild.
  10. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Make sure the one you're using does have the BB FB app installed, and have good data connection.
  11. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T YET SEEN THIS. This method does work to give "push notification" from Facebook to your Android Phone in realtime. TRY IT!!
  12. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'd like to try this, my dad has a blackberry however, I've never used a blackberry before. Where do I get apps downloaded on it? My dad's blackberry is a work phone so is it possible that I may not be able to do this due to restrictions he may have?
  13. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

If he doesn't have the blackberry app installed on his device, then just type in Facebook in the search browser, follow steps to installed on device. Open the FB app and sign into your FB account -- let the news feed load then sign out. And follow additional steps above.
  14. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

Ok Got all the way to the sign out part... Where is the sign off button?? I ended up just "deleting" the app from it's homescreen or application drawer, whatever it's called and hopefully that took off my info off of it. It asked me to restart it for complete deletion but I was only able to just turn it off because it's password protected and idk the password.
  15. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member

I did manage to try this the other day. I successfully logged in on a friends Blackberry and loaded up the news feed, after which I signed out. However I still do not receive notifications unless I have the Facebook app open on my phone, if the Facebook app is not open then I do not receive any notifications what so ever.

Now I do not want to put anyone else off of trying this as from what I have seen on the internet it does seem to work for a lot of people however it unfortunately this did not work for me.
  16. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Signing out is a little bit tricky on the blackberry app. I can't remember exactly where it is now, because I don't have a BB phone with me right now. However, I assure you it is there - play around the settings and you'll eventually find it.

If you're not getting 'push notification' after following the steps provided, then try one of two troubleshooting tips: 1)Delete data on the Android Facebook app. 2) Make sure notification is enabled on your Facebook account(notification - settings). Do this from the full version of Facebook. By default Facebook has set notification to only the ones they think are important to us. So this might be the reason why you're not being notified. 3) Last resort, you could Uninstall and reinstall the FB application... to see if that fix the problem.
  17. stu1978

stu1978 Well-Known Member

Can confirm this does work.

If you don't have access to a BB, then follow this guide which lets you run RIM's BB emulator on your PC. This is the method I used and was getting notifications before i'd even finished uninstalling the emulator after I was done with it.
    CodeMonkey and Rush like this.
  18. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member

I'm going to give this method a go later tonight, fingers crossed :)
  19. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

This should come in handy to a lot of people.

Thanks for posting. :). Ps. If for any reason you stop getting "push notification," then redo the whole process all over again.
  20. stu1978

stu1978 Well-Known Member

If it stops working it should be a simple case of settings > manage applications > facebook - clear cache / clear data.

The Facebook end won't change unless your change your settings to remove the FB BB app.
  21. Tye

Tye Well-Known Member

It would appear that this has now worked for me, at least I am receiving notifications when people are commenting on or liking my statuses so that is definitely something that was not happening before.

Many thanks guys.
  22. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

If you're seeing a white square notification box...then there's no doubt that you are now getting "push notification' to your Android device.

You're welcome. :)
  23. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member

Did this fix with the emulator. The only thing is that the BB app doesn't show up on FB for me, but it still worked after I signed in on a BB.
  24. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Whats funny seeing how this has worked for people and that PN's work on BB's, is the Facebook app for BB's isnt even developed by Facebook like the Android app is!
  25. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Ditto..

Man the Android community is a thing of beauty..