Facebook Question for Droid

Last Updated:

1. BenDroid

BenDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. I have had my droid for a little over a week now and I must say that I am enjoying everything about it. My wife calls me obsessed because I can't seem to put it down. But, I have run into something that is just driving me crazy that I can't seem to figure out. For some reason I am not able to upload any pictures that are taken with my phone directly to Facebook. I go to gallery, click on the picture that I want to send, and then to share/facebook. It acts as if is uploading with a status bar and everything but when it "completes" the upload, it states that the uploading of the picture was unsuccessful. Is anyone else having this problem? If so is it something that anyone is working on from what anyone knows? And is there a way around it because this is something that my old and way less superior phone could do with no problems (LG DARE). I am a patient guy and am completely willing to wait for a fix, but I just want to make sure that it is just not me with this problem.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Ben

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I can "share" any of my photos to fb, no problem.

3. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

I can also share fine, only had an issue once, but it was a connection issue. Also, i would recommend switching to Bloo for Android as your facebook client, it is very nice and notifications actually work unlike the stock app.

4. brnr17

brnr17 Well-Known Member

i have tried with 5 and only 1 was successful

5. Galizur

Galizur New Member

I've noticed that I can't upload directly from the Droid to Facebook if I'm connected via WiFi, but that I can if I'm not. Consistently.

-Chris

6. Garick

Garick Active Member

I did have this issue several times with one picture. it just uploaded over wifi though, must be a signal/connection thing

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Depends upon the WiFi source, methinks.

For example, at the university I attend, for all campus buildings (computer labs, etc.) FB has been blocked - so, if I were to use any WiFi at the university, I owuld not be able to upload jack to FB. However, killing WiFi would allow it to go through.

however, in the dorms, FB is allowed (but the access pipe is so small it is sometimes painful to try). There, I would have no issues (other than the reduced BW) uploading to FB.

8. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

I just tried for the first time and got the results as the op.

9. BenDroid

So from what I can gather ... it is mixed reviews. I guess I will keep trying. Maybe I will download Bloo afterall even though from what I have read it is having some problems with multiple notifications.

Thanks

Ben

10. rcourt529

rcourt529 Well-Known Member

I had this exact same problem earlier today, here's what I did to fix it:

-Take picture
    -click share
    -select facebook
    -there's a little blue button to the right of 'Upload Photo - Upload to mobile album' it has a + symbol on it, click it
    -click the album you want the picture to go into
    -click upload

I found that it wouldn't upload unless you selected an album before clicking upload, otherwise it would keep saying: upload of picture was unsuccessful, hope this helps...

11. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

I have uploaded dozens of pictures to Facebook and never had a problem... guess I'm lucky :D

12. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

If I use this method, my pics/videos come out too small. I have to share out of my gallery. But maybe that was fixed when the facebook app got updated. Haven't tried that technique since I first got my DROID in November.

13. BenDroid

Okay...I have exhausted every option that I can think of to try and figure this thing out. I have done everything that everyone here has said and I am still not able to upload a picture directly from my droid to facebook. I thought that maybe it was the picture that I was trying to send. So, I took a different one just to test and try and send it. Same problem. I downloaded Bloo, thinking it was the native facebook app. Same problem. I have tried using wifi and without. Am I just missing something? For those of you that are not having a problem at all, what are your camera settings at. Maybe there is something wrong with my settings (even though they are still at default since I have not messed with them). I am at a loss here. I am really not sure what else to do but just take my phone back, but I am not sure what that will even do.

Ben

14. BenDroid

Alright...now I am almost positive it is something wrong with the phone. Not only can I not upload pictures to facebook. I can't upload video to youtube either. It does pretty much the same thing. I press video to share, hit youtube, and it goes through the status bar and even gets to 100 percent uploaded, but then says it failed to upload. Weird, but this will not do, I am paying for this type of thing to work. I guess I am going to have to take this one back and exchange it.

15. kbza66

kbza66 Active Member

hmmm... maybe "it's the network".... waiting for my upgrade in March to get the Droid... I currently own a BB Curve 8330 and have consistently that issue with FB... really frustrating...

16. BenDroid

I was thinking maybe something was wrong with verizon's network, but that is when I decided to try it through wifi. I get the same results on wifi. I can't upload to facebook or youtube. I have not tried uploading to any other apps or networks, so it could just be coincidence that both youtube and facebook will not let me upload, but it just seems weird that no matter what I do, nothing will upload.

17. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Joe,
    The pics come out small for me ONLY if I go to the facebook app -> Take Photo

They are okay (usually......read on!) for me if I share from gallery/camera immediately after taking it.

That being said.....

Ben droid.....

I had the exact same problem this Saturday...was on a hike. Took a pic wanted to upload to facebook. Would upload and then give me the error. I tried FOREVER!!!....and by ALL the means mentioned in this thread. Soft resets....

No go.....

BUT

I did this and then it uploaded successfully. Now I am not sure...but I think I may have gotten one or two more errors after I did this before it finally decided to upload.

Today I tried a bunch of test shots and no problems uploading except that the Facebook app pic turns out really small.

All my uploads were over 3G.

These are just some of my observations. It appears to be hit or miss. Try again after a little while and then maybe it will?...once you switch towers or something?

18. TGryphon

TGryphon Member

BenDroid,
    If you are able to, try a different location to force your phone onto a different tower. I have uploaded a couple pics to facebook successfully, but I have also seen the error you described a couple times.

19. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

Edit:

It has been working fine for me, I just tried uploading a picture and it didn't work. Said it failed.

Tack that up as yet another failure on facebook app!! That thing is a piece of CRAP! They need to fix all the problems or remove it from the device!

20. jaehuh

jaehuh Member

i was having the same problem so i tried everything on this thread
    except the Bloo facebook app.
    the share option from the gallery does not work at all
    so i got out my old envy phone and found the email link to upload pics on facebook cuz with my old phone, i could just send the picture i wanted to that e mail and it would post it straight on Facebook Mobile album
    and that turned out to be working so..

21. CoreyOli

CoreyOli Well-Known Member

This has been happening to me as well...

However, I retried on both occasions and it started working... So it's definitely not a permanent problem, just annoying, lol..

-Corey

22. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

bloo doesn't allow photo upload tho...just video for some reason.

23. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Ok I was trying to uplaod pics to facebook but could not due to "loss of connection". I even tried downloading BLOO, still a no go.
    I then open facebook to see if was there nothing. Without closing down facebook, I go back to pics and try to send another ,BAM it worked for both regular and bloo.
    So I found you have to have an open screen at facebook in order for it to work. Once I left the fb page I could no longer upload to fb with either bloo or regular.
    So make sure you have a fb page open and then upload a pic.

24. BenDroid

So doug...if I am reading this correctly open up the facebook app or facebook page on my browser? Then try and upload picture or whatever from gallery. I will try this in a moment and let you know if it worked for me or not.

Thanks for the info though. Hope this works.

Ben

25. monsterpt

monsterpt Member

I cant remember uploading from the 2.0 gallery, but I have uploaded a ton of pics directly from the 2.1 gallery. The only thing I don't see an option to do is upload video to FB from the gallery.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but are you sure you have logged into your facebook from the handset properly?