• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Refreshing Android Application, Adding Groups and Places Support

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Mark Zuckerberg just announced that Facebook will be refreshing its line of mobile apps, including the much-maligned Android version. Admitting that the app currently available on Google’s OS isn’t quite up to speed with its iPhone brethren, the new Android version will be treated to many of the same upgrades. Two big addition that hit [...]

More...

WayneZang.jpg

Upvote 0
Why has Facebook placed so much emphasis on getting people to share their location. Only my wife should know where I am and of the 100+ friends I have on facebook, not one of them want to share where they are.

One of the questions that Facebook dodged at the conference was "how is privacy ensured once a third-party knows a user location". Facebook couldn't (didn't want to) answer that one because it's a huge hole in their business model - once your location is revealed to a third-party, it doesn't matter what your Facebook privacy settings are set to, that third-party can do what it wants with your information.

Upvote 0
Hmmm... I'm not sure what "Done" button you're referring to? I don't see that button anywhere on mine.

Top - Signed into Tweetdeck
Middle - Signed into Facebook
Bottom - Supposed to click "done" but the button does nothing.

Sorry the pic is so small, couldn't get it to upload.

Attachments

• 20101103204034.png
    20101103204034.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
Top - Signed into Tweetdeck
Middle - Signed into Facebook
Bottom - Supposed to click "done" but the button does nothing.

Sorry the pic is so small, couldn't get it to upload.
Oh, okay - for TweetDeck you need to have a Twitter account as well, and sign into it from the app. Go to twitter.com, create an account there, and then I think you should be set. Even if you don't use the Twitter account you still need it for the app.

Upvote 0
Oh, okay - for TweetDeck you need to have a Twitter account as well, and sign into it from the app. Go to twitter.com, create an account there, and then I think you should be set. Even if you don't use the Twitter account you still need it for the app.

Oh I did not know that. I do have a Twitter I just never use it. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ok I finally got it. Anyway to not get updates for every single thing someone posts?
Well, you should only get updates from your friends. I guess if you have a million friends, then you'll be one busy girl! LOL :D

But yes, the app will update just like it does on the Facebook web site. But you can turn notifications off, and just view the posts when you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones