• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook "reply to" not working

Hi, I have this problem using the Android mail app. I get emails from Facebook notifying me that someone has made a comment on my status or whatever. On my WinMo device and on my PC, if I reply to that mail, the reply will be posted as a comment on Facebook.

But from my Android mail app, the reply does not appear on Facebook.

From what I can see, the address replying to doesn't seem to translate to reply to the specific notification ID on Facebook. I tried a reply using another mail client and the reply address was different to what the mail came from, in that it seemed to expand or translate to a very long ID of some sort, presumably to link the reply back to the specific comment. It seems to me that the Android mail app doesn't seem to translate the reply address correctly. Anyone else have this issue?

Cheers,
Pete

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones