facebook session key invalid?General

Last Updated:

1. Jegas

Jegas Member This Topic's Starter

Thats the error I constantly get with the Facebook app. It says I'm properly logged in so I don't understand the deal. I know the app is crap but this is ridic.

Advertisement
  2. cryppie

cryppie Member

Happened to me when I changed my password. I just logged out and logged back in, and all was well.

3. kingcliff

kingcliff Member

happened to me last night for the first time. seems ok now

4. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Yeah last night I couldn't log in and now today it's working fine, kept telling me I needed to be logged in but when i tried it didn't work.. Weird

5. Jayde

Jayde New Member

Posting this in the RIGHT forum now.

OK, I have had this problem for the past day now. I'm using the HTC Droid Eris with the 2.1 update (the official one Verizon released). I've tried logging out and logging back in. That didn't work. I tried uninstalling the updates to Facebook since you can't actually uninstall it and using the prepackaged version that came with the 2.1 update. That didn't fix it. I tried reinstalling the updates, which didn't help. Then I tried logging out of the Facebook app, uninstalling the updates and clearing all the data in the Manage Applications area, reinstalling the updates, then logging back in. It seemed fixed for about half an hour, but now it's back to giving me "An error has occurred while fetching data. [102/Session key invalid or no longer valid]" on the news feed. The error for the notifications and mailbox mention both sections, but they're both the same error code 102. Any other ideas?

6. LiquidityC

LiquidityC New Member

Had this problem after changing my Facebook password. Heres how I solved it.

* Enter Settings>Accounts and remove the facebook account.
    * Kill the facebook task. (I recomend getting TaskKiller for this, found on market)
    * Enter Settings>Programs>Manage Programs and on all facebook programs listed in that list klick "clear data" and "force stop".
    * Start the facebook app again and it should query you for login info upon which you change this and it all worked fine for me.

Good Luck.

7. leecavturbo

leecavturbo Active Member

the above^ worked for me instantly