• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook - (settings \ accounts and sync)

naviwilliams

Android Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2011
Atlanta
I'm a bit confused.

I have Facebook installed, and it's working. But, when I go to device Settings \ Accounts and Sync, I CAN'T select Facebook to sync from there.

Why is that?

Albeit, Facebook is on, and seems to be active. Then again, the notifications NEVER seem to come through, even though they 'seem' to be on.

Thanks in advance

Ivan

I'm a bit confused.

I have Facebook installed, and it's working. But, when I go to device Settings \ Accounts and Sync, I CAN'T select Facebook to sync from there.

Why is that?

Albeit, Facebook is on, and seems to be active. Then again, the notifications NEVER seem to come through, even though they 'seem' to be on.

Thanks in advance

Ivan

Notifications are set from within the app, HTC sync doesn't control it like it does with say Twitter.

Right now Messages, friend invites, and events seem to be all the updates that this client will alert you on. Meaning when someone adds me or sends me a private message I will usually get the alert, but if they post to my wall or respond to a wall post I won't see that until I actually login to the app.

It's all a bit odd coming from the iPhone version which would push wall posts, likes, messages, invites, and pretty much everything it could.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones