Facebook SMS Notifications on the Evo

Last Updated:

1. harbottled

harbottled Member This Topic's Starter

I have it set up to receive SMS notifications from a handful of my friends whenever they update their status, post something on my wall, etc. and it used to work perfectly on my Blackberry. I got the new EVO a couple of weeks ago and am no longer receiving them. Anyone else having this issue and if so, is there a fix?

Advertisement
  2. ndennis77

ndennis77 New Member

Mine does the same thing, even after the Froyo update... was hoping that would fix it. I know there was a syncing issue last week, so maybe Facebook will release an update soon to correct the error. Nothing is wrong with my settings, hope they fix it soon, it's kind of annoying.

3. NewbieX2

NewbieX2 Well-Known Member

I also had it sent to send me a text message whenever something happened on my wall/someone messaged me/etc. It worked fine up until a week or two ago then all texts just stopped coming. I have no idea what it is.

4. MalloThaPrince

MalloThaPrince Active Member

Same here..it just completly stopped..been working on my hero nonstop then got the evo the day of release working perfectly then BAM..no more incoming notification text from fb goin on 2 weeks now

5. ndennis77

ndennis77 New Member

Did you all experience the Facebook contact sync issue too? I'm sure it's a Facebook issue, not HTC. I figured they were waiting for the Froyo update before they'd do an update to correct it. I guess we could see if there is a thread on HTC's Facebook page.

6. Cryt

Cryt Member

my phone has been stuck on the part with the android guy and a triangle with an exlamation point in it for 30+min now...

7. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

It's not unusual for it to take a while... just don't even think of pulling the battery unless you want an expensive paper weight.

8. Cryt

Cryt Member

its been like an hour actually and I'm starting to get nervous. should I plug into a charger or something?