Facebook Spoof

Last Updated:

1. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just had an issue with my Facebook account and bogus messages sent ostensibly from me to my "friends." The only thing that changed recently from my end was getting the Droid and activating the Facebook app on it. Probably coincidence, but . . . has anyone else had this issue?

Advertisement
  2. fortworthbret

fortworthbret Well-Known Member

I've seen people have this before.

Select a better passwords, clean your machine from spyware, adware, and trojans, don't click on emails that you don't know who they're from, and switch to firefox.

3. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My question is Droid specific, as it is my only internet device where I don't know exactly what security measures are in place. And BTW although I use Firefox on my computers, it is not necessarily that much more secure than other browsers.

4. fortworthbret

fortworthbret Well-Known Member

Ok then...

No, your phone did not hack your facebook account or allow someone to hack your facebook account.

5. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i kinda wonder if the phones are causing it to send a FALSE hack though, cause i am getting emails saying someone is resetting my password. I kinda wonder if mine is a coincidence too though, i did change my pw and email so we will see :)