Facebook Sync in Contacts - extra details?

Last Updated:

1. patpending

patpending Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Have had a look through other threads, but with no result.

I have synced all of my contacts with their relevant Facebook Profiles.

Unfortunately, syncing has brought all of their details across - including 'phone numbers' such as 'ask me' etc etc.

I've fumbled around the "Edit Contact" screen for quite a while trying to work out how to remove these details from here, but to no avail. It seems I can only edit the details I've entered in myself, and not the details that have been synced from Facebook.

I'm aware I can simply remove the link / sync, but I quite like having the contact pictures in there :)

Anyone know how to remove these 'extra' details but leave it synced?

Cheers,
    PatPending
    HTC Desire

Advertisement
  2. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

The details are would need changing in their facebook account.

3. DrSuave

DrSuave Member

I have found another problem is that the imported number lose the + off the +44 on the beginning of the number!!

This means you cant send text messages!

4. DesireMe

It's a royal pain in the arse. I ended up unlinking everyone, because of this problem, that and their picture kept changing even though it was set in the phonebook to another picture.

Unlink, no problems.

5. bigwigbaz

bigwigbaz Member

My girlfriend had to put her number on Facebook as 4479... rather than 079, I can't even phone her! This is something to do with the text notifications or similar. I have had to set up a dial shortcut on one of my screens as a temporary solution. I also cannot find a solution and individual facebook contacts can't be removed and can't be edited.

Sometimes using the call history it will not phone the correct number despite her calling me previously!

Annoying to say the least.

6. DesireMe

I get that with texts. Can send & receive them fine, then one to her will not be able to be sent. Can cut the text, create a new message (via shortcut) and it will send immediately.

My only real gripe with the phone.