Facebook sync issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. cartisdm

cartisdm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. bwthor

bwthor Well-Known Member

Is your phone set to automatically sync with Facebook?

Menu-->Settings-->Accounts & Sync-->Facebook

3. cartisdm

yup

4. jgalvar

jgalvar Active Member

I had the same problem at first after changing one of my password as well...i think i went into the Facebook app and went to friends and let all of my friends load then...

I had to go into my 'people' and link all my contacts to facebook manually one by one...kinda sucked but it will remember the ones you link even if you have to change a pw or anything like that..

If I remember something else I did I'll let you know

5. bsfbb724

bsfbb724 Member

same as jgalvar...
    for some reason if it wasn't identical to their facebook user info, it would not sync so i had to go through and manually like friends and facebook accounts...PITA but as of now thats the only way to get it done

6. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I went in and linked mine 1 by 1 also, good thing I only have like 500 fbook friends. I have mine set to autosync also, but usually just go into people and then go to fbook and manually sync my contacts, I never change my password.

7. cartisdm

How are you manually syncing them? I can't get it to allow me to do so. I open up a contact in "people" then scroll over to the update section, choose "link to facebook" then it says No Matches :(

8. sanfrandroid

sanfrandroid Member

Today, when I manually go into online directories to refresh my facebook directory, there's constantly a connection error. I'm wondering if it's just my phone though, or if the app is buggy.

9. BeastMD

BeastMD Well-Known Member

Been happening to me since Friday.

10. Kaela

Kaela New Member

I have an EVO and have synched facebook for HTC sense, but my facebook photos still don't show up in my contacts. I noticed that my friends also don't show up in my online facebook directory. Can anyone out there help me out?

11. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

This is a widespread problem. If you were synced to your FB contacts before, they will stay synced. But if you had to reset your phone, etc. and try to sync, you will get an error message. It's happening to a lot of people and there is no fix at this time.

12. BeastMD

BeastMD Well-Known Member

Yes you are stuck a wherever you are before the issue started.

13. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

Same problem here even after deleting the account and signing again. Verizon does not know of any fix at this moment, I just talked to a rep. a minute ago. I take the advantage to ask about froyo and he said that something is already out there but he can not say dates.

14. frmovrfnctn

frmovrfnctn Well-Known Member

it absolutely bugs the crap out of me to not have a picture assigned to people in my contacts list or on handcent. just installed SyncMyPix and worked pretty well after a little tweaking

JulieJHawk likes this.
  15. cartisdm

Well since I got my phone on Friday that would explain why I haven't been able to sync yet

16. partizan

partizan Member

Firstly, the part about lack of connectivity is a bunch of crap. If you utilize the HTC Facebook interface, you can confirm that at least SOME functionality is there:

1. Bring up your apps list, and click the People icon to access your contacts
    2. Click the third icon on the dock (looks like a globe)
    3. Click the Facebook icon
    4a. Now, if you've previously sync'd your phone, it will show the list of Facebook friends that were there at the last sync. If it's a factory reset phone or a new phone, it will say "You don't have any friends." Click the menu button, and hit "Refresh". You should get kicked back to the previous screen with "connection error."
    5. Now, click the Facebook icon again, it'll bring you back to that same screen. Hit menu again, but this time hit "My profile." It'll chew away for a few seconds, then display your PERSONAL FB profile. If you hit the sync button in that window, it'll bring up YOUR wall, complete with updates.

That tells me that it's less of a "completely broken app" feature, and more of a "pointing to location A for contacts when we really should be looking at location B." This, in turn, only amplifies the point that this potentially is simply a coding issue that requires an updated internal link pointer, which only serves to show that really THIS SHOULDN'T TAKE 4+ DAYS TO FIX :\

17. cartisdm

I did that and the part where it says in big bold letters "You don't have any friends" kind of depressed me a little.....

18. Topshelf

Topshelf Well-Known Member

Thought I was the only one having this issue. Got a replacement phone the other day and can't get FB to sync. Hate not having pictures for my contacts. Guess I'll try out that other sync program for now since there doesn't seem to be any fix on the way for this. Sigh, Sense is wearing on me.

19. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

Same issue. Did a factory reset. Now I know I didn't need to do that... :(
    It's quite annoying having 0 friends haha

20. JulieJHawk

JulieJHawk Active Member

Just installed this and it works well. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was driving me crazy not having contact pictures!

21. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

You do realize that things like Facebook use different servers for different aspects of their service, right? If one server is down, that will limit some of the features.

FWIW, any connectivity issues I had over the weekend are gone. I can now refresh my notifications and sync everything just fine.

22. RaeRae

RaeRae Member

I can't even log into "facebook for HTC Sense" I can log into the the facebook app, but not the HTC version. Anyone else having this problem as well?

I also can't sync my contacts with the regular facebook app either, despite there being and option to select it. It won't move to the next step to setting it up.

23. frog8

frog8 Active Member

I was having a problem with linking a new contact. In other words, i went to link the new contact to add him to facebook and because i added him to facebook after i put him into my phone his name was not coming up. I made the mistake (ahhhhhhh!! lol) of deleting my facebook for htc...now im in the same boat as everyone else. oh well, at least it's not just me..

24. cartisdm

The issue was with one of the servers. It appears to have been fixed now.

25. Makavetis

Makavetis Well-Known Member

doesnt look like its fixed for me