Facebook sync on driod and multiple show profileSupport

Last Updated:

1. ddarvish

ddarvish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have both gmail sync and facebook sync and for the most part it works great. One thing that annoys me is when i got on some of my contacts in the address book, i notice that there are like 5 links to their facebook profile underneath their phone number and email... They all link to the SAME profile. Is there any reason this is happening?

Advertisement
  2. tnorris

tnorris Active Member

I've got the same problem. I noticed it earlier today.

3. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

Is this only when both are enabled? I use both and I only get one link. I'm inclined to think this is a bug in the OS or an incompatibility with something else.

4. DoYouDroid

DoYouDroid Active Member

Same problem here... no pattern from what I can tell.

Some have 1 link, some two, others 6... all to the same facebook profile for a contact.

5. tnorris

tnorris Active Member

It also doesn't seem to be any kind of conflict between gmail contacts and facebook. I tried to find a pattern looking at the ones I have that are dups vs the one that are correct and couldn't find one. Some had gmail contacts, some didn't. Some were also "local" to the phone and some weren't. Some had been "joined" some hadn't.

6. ddarvish

ddarvish Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i killed the facebook sync then waited 20 mins and readded it.. seems to have fixed the issue for now...

7. insertnewsn

insertnewsn Member

Add me to the list. I'm experiencing this problem as well. Pretty frustrating, if you ask me..

8. DoYouDroid

DoYouDroid Active Member

Meh, not that frustrating... just weird.

9. Secretsound

Secretsound Member

I have found that if you delete the contact from your list it will delete the facebook profile contact before the gmail contact. But then I noticed that after I had done that I could no long voice search this person.

I found that the copy of the profile will have all the information but not be a "real contact".

(Save your contacts information)
    IF you delete both profiles and wait for gmail to update again it will add the contact automatically with the facebook linked.

If your contact on Gmail got deleted re-add them and they should show up with in the next 20 to 60 seconds.

This is got all my contacts back to normal and no more multiple contacts :D