• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help facebook sync w/ contacts stopped working..

naroclie

Lurker
Mar 4, 2010
I realize there have been a few similar threads but there haven't seemed to be any answers that have helped me..
I got my droid for Christmas. Entered all my contacts manually before I found out I could sync. I synced the contacts with facebook after they were entered, and their facebook profile photos showed up and everything. Didn't have a problem until a few days ago when the profile photos dissappeared and when I click/held their "picture" no option for facebook came up, only for messaging and gtalk. They now say they are gmail contacts, so I thought maybe the gmail sync was overriding the facebook for some reason. Changed my gmail sync to no longer sync with contacts, made sure facebook is still synced with my contacts..
I've tried restarting and toggling the facebook sync. I haven't used the facebook app since I got the phone because it doesn't work (no notifications, nothing updates, etc.), instead I've just been using the facebook touch page on the browser. Dunno if that has something to do with it. I'm still logged in to FB in both the browser and app.
Can anyone help me? It's really annoying.

I tried exporting my contact list to my SD card and then reimporting it... now I have WAYYYYY too many contacts, its seems to have imported all my google contacts, aka everyone I have ever e-mailed. I don't want that! What the hell happened? I also have, in settings>sync, UNCHECKED "sync with gmail", so why did it sync my contacts to gmail??

EDIT:
I went to my gmail account and sorted all my contacts in to groups, then checked just the groups I wanted to appear on my contacts list on my phone in hopes to get at least the right names back. Now it is saying I dont have any contacts to display at all. Tried rebooting. WTF?

EDIT2: Okay, got it back to the way it was, but Facebook still won't sync. I tried deleting the facebook account on the phone and then re-adding it. No good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones