Facebook sync w/ existing contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. staceyjean

staceyjean New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a refurb replacement phone because my original Droid Incredible was giving me the low on space notification, and after a hard reset the volume and vibrate weren't working properly [and an app to fix it was just masking the problem]. So I synced with Facebook for HTC Sense. In Accounts & Sync it won't let me add the regular Facebook, only FB for Sense.

On my old phone I had an option to "Sync only with existing contacts" and that's all I want to do. I don't want my 500+ Facebook friends in my phone, it's creepy!! I remember distinctly finding this option and de-syncing everyone who wasn't already in my phone. Is this option in a different menu I am forgetting about? I went through Settings > Accounts & Sync > Facebook For HTC Sense.

I searched threads but I didn't find a question similar enough to mine for which an answer was helpful.

Advertisement
  2. dhiggable206

dhiggable206 New Member

If you use the FACEBOOK App go into the settings via the menu button and it will allow you to make the change to Sync existing contacts only. Its completed in the app itself