Support Facebook Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rbatman, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Rbatman

Rbatman New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Michigan
    I already have my contacts synced with fb however, my bf has a hero and he is able to see his contacts statuses right from his contacts. Is there a way that the moment can do the same thing? Can I go to my contacts and click on their link to get right to their profile page?

Advertisement
  2. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Male
    Help Desk Manager
    North Carolina
    Sounds interesting.

3. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    GA
    the facebook app itself is supposed to do all that, but it doesn't.

4. Rbatman

Rbatman New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Michigan
    I have been reading some things and I believe it is called "integrated facebook", but regardless of what it is called I would like my moment to do this. I am an avid facebook user and this would be very useful =)

I have been searching all over to find SOMETHING that even comes close to resembling how the hero allows you to look at pictures, statuses, and facebook pages right from the contact itself, but obviously no luck. Someone PLEASE tell me they have found something!

5. car421

car421 New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Engineering technician
    Indian Trail, NC
    First post - how do you sync the 2? Some of my contacts have added their facebook pics next to their name but most have not.

6. numus

Nov 23, 2009
    The Accounts and sync application in the dd03/dd10 release seems to be broken and causing the sync issue with facebook.. the milestone had the same issue from research... Hopefully it will be fixed in the final release

7. krishnac

krishnac Active Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I've gotten them to sync using the Droid facebook app that's been floating around. You can't use the one that comes from the market. This version found in reply 6 in this thread at SDX (facebook sync issue) works for me.

So just to summarize:
    1.Get 2.1 (I'm using DD10)
    2. Uninstall Facebook app if you had installed it from the market.
    3. Install the facebook app referenced above (using astro manager)
    4. Go to Menu->Settings->Accounts & Sync-> Add new account->Facebook.

That's all. Works beautifully -- seems to be syncing Pics and more importantly contact info (emails and phone #). I could be wrong about the pics though (I had SyncMyPics (sp?) earlier, so that may be where the pics are from.)