Facebook synced birthdays not in calendar

Last Updated:

1. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have all my contacts synced with their Facebook profile. I've ticked to use their profile pic and birthday in their contact info.
    When I go to any contacts details it has the little blue Facebook F next to their photo and also next to their birthday, so I know that it's all synced.

The one problem I do have is when I go in to my calendar none of the birthdays are listed.

I've gone in to the Calendar menu and checked that I have Contact Birthday and Events calendar ticked and listed.

My Google calendar is showing fine and syncing between the phone and the web.

Is this just some bug where Facebook birthdays don't show up in the Calendar? I know there are other ways around this but it'd be nice if the contact info was used better.
    I was kind of excited about being able to view my contacts events with the calendar, I could of easily seen what I could and could not attend.

Also an extra note, the Contact Birthday and Event Calendar does have some birthdays in it. It has mine and it also has a friend whose Facebook profile I have not linked.

Is this happening to others?

Advertisement
  2. theunforgiven

theunforgiven New Member

yea i have the same problem as well. i tried looking for an app that perhaps does the same thing as well and then put a widget on the homescreen but couldnt find anything.
    the alternative that i found though was that if u go to people and then go to updates and events tab, it comes up with the upcoming events on facebook ie., birthdays etc and also the latest updates on facebook. this works fine but the only thing is you have to synchronise it now and again. works though.

3. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member

you can export the events to google calendar from the facebook website im pretty sure.

4. itsmoirob

itsmoirob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter