• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook & Twitter on 2.1

So I decided to go back to my 2.1 phone because I couldn't deal with the long bootup times of 3.2. FAST bootup time on 2.1 but now my FB & Twitter wont work and the FB app says there is an error loading the widget. Go back to the 2.3 phone and all apps work great but again with a 5 minute bootup time.. Back to 2.1 and FAST bootup but again no FB or Twitter. Continue this for about 2 hours on repeat. Gotta say I'm beginning to join the club of people that are getting right pissed now. Is there anyone still on 2.1 that is successfully using the Twitter and Facebook apps?

Already sick of the bootup times on 3.2 again. Next step. Factory reset on 2.1. Go to install Facebook and App Advisor is saying "Connection problem detected, please check your internet connection and restart the application" Figured cause I didn't swap the phone at telus website so went there and it said the only thing I have to do is switch the SIM to the new phone and thats it WHICH I ALREADY DID. I can tx/rx calls. Tried both on WIFI and mobile network but both say internet connection problem. Any way to fix this?

Either this or is there any way make it so 3.2 DOES NOT take 5 mins to boot up. Maybe make it like 1-2 mins bootup time or something??

Upvote 0
OK I just got FB updated through the Android Market and the widget has an error loading AGAIN and the FB app is freezing AGAIN between 9-12 oclock.

ATTENTION: NEWER ANDRIOD APPS **DO NOT** WORK AND ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID 2.1.

The above statement is not opinion, it is a FACT.

Facebook works fine on my girlfriend's 2.1 phone... But I removed Facebook from the /system/app folder, installed it and the link2SD'ed it. Everytime I upgrade the app, the widget errors on the main screen... It's "normal"

Upvote 0
Guess I decided to try it again. First on mobile network I had the spinning circle for about 20 mins then I tried wifi for about another 20mins then I came back here logged in so about another 5 mins so I have been looking at this spinning circle on FB for about 45 minutes now......

Attachments

• CIMG6309.JPG
    CIMG6309.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
I put the phone down for a couple weeks and decided to try again yesterday. If facebook works fine on my 2.3 and on your 2.1 but wont work on my 2.1 is there any chance there could be a fried chip inside the phone or something that can affect this? My 2.1 is a refurb sent to me from telus. Its been sitting on the same screen as post number 7 for about 9 hours now and no progress. The phone is super extremely hot because I dont want the battery to die while its trying to load. Ive tried reinstalling/uninstalling the app about 20 times last night and no luck. So is there any chance this could be hardware or the circuit board inside the phone?

Upvote 0
So I was bored the other day and decided to try my 2.1 phone again again out of nowhere the Facebook app started to work. 2.1 is now set up like the 2.3 phone without all the root stuff and instead of 19MB free space I have 69MB free now. So I am effectively now back on 2.1 and it like going from a propeller plane on 2.3 to a fighter jet on 2.1. Good be be rid of the 2.3 crap now :D

All that hassle with 2.3 because I wanted app2sd :S

Upvote 0
Well as of right now I could not be happier. THIS is how I remember the phone before I updated. Along with 2-3x faster bootup time now and the battery actually last decent now. IDK what I'm gonna do for a next phone because I can't stand on screen keyboards. I like the real ones and all Telus lists for real keyboards now is Blackberrys and the LG Optimus chat. My name explains about Blackberrys LOL and I'm not gonna get another LG phone so it looks like this is my phone for the next while. I think I still have 2 years or so left anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones