Facebook/twitter sync not working

Last Updated:

1. rngipson

rngipson New Member This Topic's Starter

I saw previous post about the facebook syncing not working. Whats the issue??? I had the same problem. When i first got my phone I had no problem everything synced into my contacts fine and for some stupid reason i deleted my accounts and when i tried to put them back in it didnt work again. I can get the updates but i cant get the actual contacts in my contact phonebook.

SECONDLY NOW my twitter account for some reason has disappeared on its own and when i try to add the account it keeps saying that the login failed. I know for a fact im putting in the right information. It also was having a problem sync my twitter contacts in before this incident happened as well. WHAT IS GOING ON??? ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM

Advertisement
  2. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Yes, my facebook pics still will not sync. Like you, they were in but then I removed the acct. Tried to re-add it and now only get the updates. I don't have twitter so I can't respond to that. I did have the same problem though logging into my Pandora acct. Luckily it was linked my yahoo acct on my old phone. So I just set up a new one through my Gmail for this phone. I was also using the correct password/username and it said I wasn't...

3. 03machme

03machme Well-Known Member

I had the same problem but it synced last night while I was asleep everything works fine now

4. Robinelli

What sync interval did you have your phone set to? Maybe I need to put mine on once an hour until it works. So did you initially have the contacts and then deleted them?

5. Robinelli

Ok I just figured out how to manually do it. Go into contacts---Menu---Get friends---- Click on Facebook (do NOT click the add acct button)---- then checkmark the person you want! HTH!

ivanoid and mrgolfrider like this.
  6. Robinelli

Ok I suggest doing these 2 at a time. When I did more than that it messed everything up. 2 at a time is good.

7. dactionjackson09

dactionjackson09 Member

been having the same problem on my moment. I went into settings/account and sync and scrolled down to add facebook, i click it and nothing...it just comes back to the screen to sync where my google is synced at...any suggestions?

8. Robinelli

Do not click add account. Click above that ON facebook (there is no button, just a word). That's the same mistake I made initially as well.

9. LexusBrian400

LexusBrian400 Well-Known Member

Twitter is disabling 3rd party Twitter apps. Its happening on a large scale. However, if you are already logged in, things seem to be ok. Just dont log out! :)

10. rngipson

rngipson New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried doing it manually and its still not working, I go to settings-getfriends-and click on MY facebook account but nothing happens! Ive reset my phone and everything. Is it going to have to go down to me getting a new phone bc its been like this since thursday and today is monday

11. nMIK-3

nMIK-3 Well-Known Member

Facebook association works for me. However I never manage to put Twitter in place. For some reason twitter is not showing at all within my contacts.

12. Robinelli

Well, I did one other step that may have contributed to the success of the oepration for me. I didn't think it had anything to do with it...
    I went to
    Menu
    Settings
    Accounts and Sync
    and Check marked Auto Sync

After that I went into contacts, add friends, etc.

If this works for you, let me know!

13. pimpstrong

pimpstrong New Member

Ima jump in here and mention that i couldnt link my sim contacts to my FB accounts. Therefore i moved sim contacts to the phone and then i was able to link phone contacts to FB accounts. Hope this helps

14. eric0668

eric0668 Well-Known Member

I cannot get my facebook contacts to sync.

I see a red error saying it is having a problem and I don't know if it is the samsung or facebook OR if it is just not working and it could be me

to this hour I still do not have my fb contacts in my list, which I didn't used to like, but have come to like

I deleted that account within settings/sync / accounts AND readed it

To no avail

can you help

thank you as always

15. lotreaglesfan

lotreaglesfan Well-Known Member

hey... it's not working on the captivate either...

16. eric0668

working now thanks to doing it thru the "contacts" way. As to whether it keeps syncing, I don't Know. for now...perfecto Thanks Robinelli

17. gpshervish

gpshervish New Member

Just got off the phone with HTC, they said they were told by facebook that the sync services have been down last couple days and today due to privacy setting updates. Guy on phone said he had exact same problem as me, syncing doesnt work, "you dont have any friends" error is funny but a pain. It should be fixed tonight or tomorrow, he mentioned that if it doesnt sync in next couple days, remove the FB account and add it again. Should fix it.

18. eric0668

thanks GPshervish

19. dhsteeler

dhsteeler New Member

Still not working on the vibrant

20. AntBos76

AntBos76 New Member

Remove FaceBook from your phones sync

Log into your facebook on the computer when you are logged in click the Account tab at the right hand cornor now click Application Settings in the list you are looking for Samsung Mobile now click on Remove the X now re add it back to your phone and re sync it now. your contact pictures will come up.

Also if you ever had blackberry or any other smart phone sync'ing contacts before you should remove them in the facebook.com Application Settings

There is no upgrading going on.

21. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

This isn't working for me. Tried it multiple times. Is it worth calling tech support over this or is it a Facebook problem? You'd think that if they were going to integrate this, they'd at least make sure it works 99% of the time. Motorola figured it out just fine with the Cliq.

22. dhsteeler

dhsteeler New Member

Above steps worked for me. It took a few times of removing samsung mobile from facebook (via pc, well MAC) and then deleting facebook account from my vibrant. I then rebooted phone, and "added account"(facebook) under contacts. Finally worked. While we're on this subject, does anyone know if syncing facebook calendar with vibrant's calendar will cause facebook friend birthdays to show up on daily calendar? My wife has a Blackberry Bold 9700 and she gets a calendar notification when any of her facebook friends have a birthday. She didn't do anything on purpose to set this up.

23. eric0668

dhsteeler...this is very unofficial because I have been between three phones so I forget what has done what. For instance, One didn't even make any sounds, fwiw, I don't think most droids will make a sound, just notification pull down. But I don't recall seeing any birthdays

Please don't hold it to me.. Just wanted to say I haven't seen them

24. Robinelli

I exchanged my phone today due to GPS problems on my old phone and now the facebook problem is back... I finally had it straight on my old phone. I tried these steps on my NEW phone and it won't let me click on facebook. I am trying the remove account/reboot remove facebook application method now. I will let you know if it works for me. I tried the remove/add several times but didn't reboot. I rebooted this time. Let's see what happens...

25. Robinelli

It came up network connection error. I hit try again.