• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook - Update

uninstalled.. even without syncing with contacts this update did not allow my phone to sleep and kept it awake for more than 2 hours. phone awake time was at 100% and it was all caused by this updated facebook app.

I'm seeing the same thing... While I like the FB app, my battery level has dropped 30% since I unplugged this morning. Awake time and Up time are the same. I also installed WeatherBug last night, so this might also be the cause, but I'm guessing its FB. Will have to do some testing...

Reactions: couch257
Upvote 0
Sure enough, once I uninstalled the update, my Up time and awake time are no longer the same (I put the phone to sleep for 2 min to check after uninstalling). Hmm, hope they can fix this. My battery dropped 32% in 3hrs 30 min this morning, where it took more than twice that time yesterday.

Upvote 0
Mine doesn't seem to be having any problems. In order to check, I rebooted the phone last night (to reset everything, including uptime and awake time) used it for a little bit and then put it on the charger. This morning I took it off and haven't really used it much.

Up time and Awake time are very much normal.

I don't have any sort of syncing or updating or anything running in the app, it's all turned off (as it's always been). I assume that's why it's going to sleep like it should.

Upvote 0
i don't have the FC on friends issue, but i do have the partial wakelock thing goin on.

also, still no notifications in the android notification bar, and you can still only check every 30 minutes as the fastest refresh...seriously, why is this taking so long? how hard can it possibly be to implement that?

Upvote 0
System Panel shows it as an active application even after I back out of it and Spare Parts shows a high value for Partial wake usage. Anybody else running into this after the update?

Yes I just noticed that my battery was dying faster than normal. And figured out that my phone is staying awake and it's because of FB. I hope they fix this one fast because the previous version didn't kill my battery.

Upvote 0
I have to kill the new Facebook app with System Panel in order for my phone to sleep. Highly annoying. Why is the iPhone app so much better than this one?

I know, and it was a year ago. I don't have an iPhone, but I have an iPod Touch, and you can do FB chat with it. I'd say this update puts the Android version ahead of where I was with my Blackberry Storm though. But what good is it if it kills your battery.

Upvote 0
I also updated the Facebook because the market stated there was an update. However, I have never used Facebook and do not plan on doing it any time in the near future.

I did notice (since everyone mentioned it here) that my battery awake and sleep time are now matching. Since I updated Facebook but never opened it, should I even suspect it is the FB update? I do not see it running in SystemPanel, but I am getting a terrible battery drain. Any way to tell if this is the culprit?

Upvote 0
I also updated the Facebook because the market stated there was an update. However, I have never used Facebook and do not plan on doing it any time in the near future.

I did notice (since everyone mentioned it here) that my battery awake and sleep time are now matching. Since I updated Facebook but never opened it, should I even suspect it is the FB update? I do not see it running in SystemPanel, but I am getting a terrible battery drain. Any way to tell if this is the culprit?

if it's not running, i'd say it's probably not...but install spare parts from the market and check it that way. go into battery usage, and check partial wake time...

btw, it seems the old version of fb did the same thing. i reverted to my titanium backup of 1.2, and i'm having the same partial wake issue...

on edit: scratch that, 1.2 finally went to sleep after about 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
if it's not running, i'd say it's probably not...but install spare parts from the market and check it that way. go into battery usage, and check partial wake time...

btw, it seems the old version of fb did the same thing. i reverted to my titanium backup of 1.2, and i'm having the same partial wake issue...

on edit: scratch that, 1.2 finally went to sleep after about 5 minutes.

Crackers,

The problem I have is that I am a bit wary of Spare Parts. There are so many poor reviews for this product and even some reviews saying that you cannot uninstall once you get it. Is there another product or way to determine what is keeping my phone awake? I currently have SystemPanel (full) installed.

Upvote 0
Crackers,

The problem I have is that I am a bit wary of Spare Parts. There are so many poor reviews for this product and even some reviews saying that you cannot uninstall once you get it. Is there another product or way to determine what is keeping my phone awake? I currently have SystemPanel (full) installed.

My battery widget (BatteryLeft) tells me all of that information. Breaks it down really well, too.

I don't use spare parts either but I do use Android System Info. It has tons of information and I haven't had a problem with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones