1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Facebook wall: uploaded photos don't show up (they go straight to Mobile Uploads)

1. CatchingOn

CatchingOn New Member

I'm having a problem with getting Facebook photos to upload to my wall. Instead they're just showing up in the Mobile Uploads section, without ever appearing in the news feed. I've searched everywhere online and found a few people with the same problem, but no solutions.

What's odd is I didn't have this problem when I tried the same thing yesterday. Yesterday was the first time I'd directly uploaded a photo from my phone to Facebook, though I've had my Droid for months. (Yeah, I'm a little slow with some of this stuff). I used the method of going to the Gallery, choosing my photo and then selecting Menu > Share > Facebook. I added a caption, and the photo & caption showed up on myFacebook wall, just the way I wanted.

Today I tried the same method for a new photo, and it didn't show up on my wall at all, just went straight to Mobile Uploads. As far as I can figure, I did everything exactly the same as I did it yesterday, but maybe I'm missing something. Can anyone think of a step I might have missed, or does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks so much in advance for the help. This is my first time posting here, though I've been reading the board for months, and you guys are incredibly helpful. I've found answers here for most of the 3 zillion questions I've had about the Droid, and if not for this board I'd probably have given up on my Droid after about 24 hours!

Advertisement
  2. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

Unless the facebook folks recently changed something (you know they are always changing something) it works for me. Pics I upload to FB from my phone show up on my wall and in the mobile uploads album.
  3. Spike760

Spike760 Well-Known Member

There are also multiple Facebook applications, so maybe you're using one that is not as good?
    I forget which one I use, I think it might just be called "Facebook for Android" but I've never encountered that problem and I have uploaded about 12 pictures to Facebook since I've gotten my phone a month ago.
    I also now use my Droid as a digital camera, because the quality is just about as good as a digital camera, and I lost my digital camera charger, and they're like $40 so why buy it, when I already have another digital camera. ;D
  4. CatchingOn

CatchingOn New Member

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid maybe other people might not have a solution for this, since it seems to be sort of random. It worked correctly for me the first time and the last time that I tried it (gave it another try last night after my original post), but it didn't work a bunch of times in between. So it seems to be just luck of the draw, and not based on anything I'm doing, as far as I can tell. Maybe others are just having better luck!
  5. oamfuchs

oamfuchs Member

My problem is that the Moto Droid is recording my photos sideways and then uploading my photos via K9 email client sideways. So, I rotated the photo before the upload, and it still is sideways. Anyone have a thought?
  6. rick2400

rick2400 Member

catchingon, I was wondering and am having the same issue. But, its happening all the time. I'm using the facebook app that came on the Incredible. Should I download a different facebook app to resolve the same issue?
  7. grafc

grafc Member

Recently I have noticed similar issue - picture uploads done with the Android application Facebook (v1.3.2) are not working as they had been. The photos are showing only on my wall and not in the main news feed, and so no one would know I have posted new pictures without going directly to my profile. I have not had problems with this before. I have even tried posting to different albums with the same result. I have an HTC Eris. Has any solution been found for this?
  8. acebel

acebel Member

I am having this same problem. Mobile picture uploads and status updates from the the official Facebook for Android application (with latest update) do not show up on my friends' news feeds or mine. Pictures and updates simply post to my wall and not on news feeds. Other friends updates using this same application however are posting as I see them on my feed. I have not changed any privacy settings in the recent past and this only started to occur about a week ago. Any help you all can give would be greatly appreciated!
  9. acebel

acebel Member

There are a few others that are having this problem too. It has been posted on Facebook's page here:

Wall posts not updating on NewsFeed | Facebook

Anyone else have any advice? I have tried clearing the data from the application. No luck.
  10. acebel

acebel Member

Thought I'd give this another shot to see if anyone might no a solution to this. I like using the official FB app, but this issue stinks. Anyone have some advice? I've checked my setting on the FB site. There seems to be no hinderance there.
  11. grafc

grafc Member

acebel – I continue to be frustrated by this as well. It fails every time I have tried in the last week, though I think some have mentioned it was an intermittent problem. I am curious, have you tried uninstall/reinstall the FB application?
  12. acebel

acebel Member

I have tried uninstalling the updates but since I'm on an unrooted EVO I am unable to uninstall the actual application. I have however cleared the stored data and cache. No luck there.
  13. Rambler358

Rambler358 Well-Known Member

Have you tried from another Facebook application, perhaps like TweetDeck?
  14. acebel

acebel Member

Yes, I've tried TweetDeck. I'm just not generally a fan of the layout. This problem started occuring about a week or so ago. Everything was perfect before then! haha.
  15. Rambler358

Just curious if you had the same issue with Tweetdeck. At least that would tell you if the problem's on the app side, or the website.
  16. acebel

acebel Member

Good thinking. Yes, TweetDeck performed properly and updated my status and mobile pictures on my (and friends') news feeds correctly just as if I were posting them from my computer.
  17. Rambler358

There you go... It looks like an issue with the Facebook for Android app somehow.

I just wish Facebook would put the time and effort into their Android app like what they did with their iPhone app. :rolleyes:
  18. acebel

acebel Member

It is just weird because I see lots of my FB updating their status and pictures via this app and works fine for them. Makes me mad! haha. Thank you for your help and good ideas though. Another thing that sticks out that is no longer there is "Facebook for Android" is no longer listed under my applications on the Facebook site. I don't know how to add it! Any clues?
  19. grafc

grafc Member

I checked the same on my application list and as you mentioned it is no longer there, maybe since they rolled out the new application management interface. I did see that I still have my phone's HTC Sense application listed and so I tested and confirmed that updates do work using it...not my preferred method and pics only.

Have you posted this info in the Facebook page you referenced earlier?
  20. acebel

acebel Member

I have not, but the application still posts statuses (is that a word?!?!) and mobile pictures to my personal wall so I would assume compatibility to the mobile app is on my account.
  21. acebel

acebel Member

One other thing! Updates to work from the touch site! :)
  22. Rambler358

What is the "touch site" - is that the same as m.facebook.com?
  23. acebel

acebel Member

touch.facebook.com very similar to the mobile site. I don't know of any way to update pictures from there but it does update and post status updates properly.
  24. grafc

grafc Member

Compatibility for uploads from the mobile app seem to be ok; it is the permission related to where the post appears that acts broken. We have been complaining that the updates and pics only appear on our wall rather than the main feed
  25. acebel

acebel Member

Anyone come up with any ideas on this lately? Issue is still persisting for me.