Facebook widget - Can't get it big again.Support

Last Updated:

1. EmSixTeen

EmSixTeen Member

Hmm, I had the Facebook widget on one of my homepages filling up the whole area, but was re-arranging things and wanted to see the small one.. Got it, but now I can't figure out how the bloody hell to change it back to the big one. Removing it from the screen works obviously, but it automatically adds as the small widget again when I put it back on, without asking which style I want it. Ach! Don't like the FriendStream widget else I'd just use that.

Also, is there a separate Facebook widget available from HTC? I only have the one, and I presume that's all there is.

2. EmSixTeen

EmSixTeen Member

It's been ages and I still haven't found a solution for this.
  3. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

:confused: I had no idea there was a large facebook widget? I've never seen one... nor have I seen an option to get one...
  4. allymoss

allymoss New Member

Have you downloaded the proper facebook app from the market?

I am sure that has it, I don't use the widget, I just have the icon which takes me to the full screen bizzle.
  5. d.knight99

Yeah I've got the one from the market, not sure about the OP.

I don't think I've ever seen a big sized facebook widget, I've had a look round the app and there doesn't seem to be an option for it. Are you sure this was just using the stock Facebook app/widget? I tried resizing it in LP+ but that didn't work either...
  6. EmSixTeen

EmSixTeen Member

God I'm so bloody confused now. Just did a big search on Google images to for a picture of the large widget, and.. I can't find one at all. I was adamant that I had previously had a large widget with the official Facebook app, and that it definitely wasn't Friendstream, but now I'm just confused as hell.. Really.

I'm still doubting that it was Friendstream. :eek:
  7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

is it friends stream you are looking for?

i got a problem tho
    if i update facebook for android it overwrites the stock one and it does notlet me use the facebook widget untill i uninstall the update
  8. EmSixTeen

EmSixTeen Member

9. d.knight99

Maybe you just experienced a big ol' bug in the code. But other than that you've got me really confused, I'm almost positive that officially, that's the only widget size available. Unless it was a third party version you installed that was like Friend Stream (but not actually Friend Stream??)

What did it actually look like? I mean it had to be laid out a bit differently to the small one.
  10. EmSixTeen

EmSixTeen Member

From my (perhaps fabricated) memory, it was the same sort of layout as the large Friendstream widget, except solely for Facebook, and branded as such etc. God, it's clear in my mind, but.. I.. eh, I must be wrong :\
  11. d.knight99

Was this a dream by any chance? Just did a quick trawl around the web and found no mention of ANY widget that looks and acts as you describe.

How long were you using this phantom widget for?
  12. serious004

serious004 New Member

I know what ur talking about..I'm having the same problem right now..I can't seem to make it big again either
  13. nitris

nitris Member

I also want to know the trick to making a particular wiget large again. The only way I can do it so far is by setting different scene's up for the phone.. each scene the phone has built into it has different widgets set as large ones already.
  14. jezz3737

jezz3737 New Member

On my android phone I was messing with things and I accidentally got rid of my Facebook widget! But I figured out how to get it up by just messing with my phone basically. What I did was I touched and held for a couple seconds on my homescreen background. And something popped up with a list of things and I tapped on the one that said widget and then another list popped up and I found Facebook and clicked on it and next thing you know Facebook was on my phone as a widget again!:)