1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook wierdness

Last Updated:

1. SimonM123

SimonM123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 23, 2010

My phone's Facebook app has always been strange. To start with, the app that the phone shipped with was very sparse and didn't have things like an 'events' button. But when I got notified that there were application updates for me, Facebook was never one of them. Today I finally just downloaded the latest version from the Marketplace (strangely it came up as a new download, not an 'update') and it worked, the old one vanished, so it did update rather than install a second program. So why wasn't it offered as an update from the start? So odd.

More annoyingly, the 'Events' feature that is finally present only shows birthdays. No other events show there. The phone's calendar did this too for a while, though now it seems to have remembered the event coming up on Saturday and put it there. Also, the requests function gets an error.

This inconsistent behaviour is really confusing me. I did have auto-sync off, could this have been a reason for it? I've put it back on just in case.

Any help sincerely appreciated.

(HTC Desire on 02 running Froyo, not rooted)

EDIT: Now it has started showing everything under Events, but it got an error from api.facebook.com whilst trying to update the status feed. The crazy behavior continues!!!

2. Droid2alltheway

Droid2alltheway New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Download an app called "facebook for android" its the best free one...if ur looking to spend money, buy "facebook client (sociable)" its just like the ipod touch app and it's 2.00 the best part is it comes with chat, where the free one doesn't. I'm new but i'm on my second droid...i hope this helps :)
  3. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Reading the comments on that Facebook Client (Sociable) it doesn't sound very good, the chat is broken, many feel it's a waste of money p is it? Because the rest of the FB apps and widgets (even LauncherPro's) are crap.