• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook wont uninstall

Maybe after the update you can do the install. Do you know what is the fb app version on your phone now? (Open fb app, menu, about)
Mine says 1.5.1 and I'm not showing an update in my market. So if your version is different than mine maybe the update process will work

Oh and something I just realized. When I went to the market for the first time on my inspire it automatically downloaded the fb for Android app. I never even searched for it.

Upvote 0
Yes, it is a persistent little booger.

If rooted you can remove the apk in Root Explorer in /system/apps.

Since you downloaded the app from Market, try this if not rooted: reinstall the app, then go into menu > settings > applications > manage applications > sort by "all," then find it and even if the uninstall button is greyed out, clear data and cache (if they're not greyed out) and clear defaults (if it's not greyed out).

Then reboot. Once up, go back and the uninstall button will probably by present. I've seen mixed reports on this method, from device to device, it's worth a shot. ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, it is a persistent little booger.

If rooted you can remove the apk in Root Explorer in /system/apps.

Since you downloaded the app from Market, try this if not rooted: reinstall the app, then go into menu > settings > applications > manage applications > sort by "all," then find it and even if the uninstall button is greyed out, clear data and cache (if they're not greyed out) and clear defaults (if it's not greyed out).

Then reboot. Once up, go back and the uninstall button will probably by present. I've seen mixed reports on this method, from device to device, it's worth a shot. ;)

When I tried that all it would let me uninstall was the update from the Market. Once that was uninstalled the uninstall button was greyed out. I think the only way to remove it is to root the phone, its part of the base software that came on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones