Facebook ?Support

Last Updated:

1. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator This Topic's Starter

The list of facebook friends to link to do not match my list of friends. Some friends show up and others don't. Is there a way to refresh my linking to list?

Advertisement
  2. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

settings >> accounts >> facebook

uncheck and recheck.

if not, install Facebook for Android from the market and sync contacts that way. This is how I do it, avoids unnecessary syncing.

3. NAYo2002

NAYo2002 Well-Known Member

Yea I'm missing a few people as well... I think it might be their privacy settings though since almost all who are missing are privacy freaks.

4. olbriar

I tried the resync from settings> accounts> facebook as well as resyncing all... nothing fixes my missing friends. They show up in the facebook app but they don't show up in my list of friends in the contact>link to page. I would buy into the privacy settings except a mutual friend shows on my daughter's droid but not mine. I like the idea of running oem apps but I think I'm ready to push htc facebook to the curb and follow the suggestion to install facebook for android. I'm tired of this problem. Thanks for your help

5. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member

Facebook for HTC remains even after you install Facebook for Android. You will no longer be able to open the app, but it is still the app that syncs with your contacts. No contacts will sync with the "facebook for android" app that you download from the market. I don't know what causes the problem of some friends not showing, but its a common problem. It also seems to be pretty random. I've had some friends fail to appear, then after a resync they appear but other don't instead.

6. olbriar

If no contacts sync with the facebook for android app then this is no fix.
    My missing friends seem to be a random thing as well. Some are friends I've had for quite some time and some are new.. no reasoning it out. I've not noticed this problem until just recently when I added my new daughter-in-law as a fb friend. She shows in the htc fb app but not the link to list when I look at her contact info. The more I tried to get to the bottom of this problem the more confused I got. Some but not all the friends I've added since I added her show up.. and some don't. I'm missing some fb friends I've had for years. There should be a fix.

7. pdykstra

I agree, it's an annoying bug. I think it's something HTC would need to address in an update, but I kind of doubt it will happen. This bug has been around since I got my phone in April.

8. olbriar

I wasn't aware of the problem or I'd have been miffed since then as well lol. After close examination.. I'm missing 19 random friends from one list to the other. 19 of 90 is over 20%. That's just not good enough in my opinion! There has to be a way to refresh the contacts linking page with facebook. Or should I say.. there should be a way to refresh.

9. olbriar

I seem to have stumbled on a fix to my problem. I have no idea if this will help anyone else but I'll pass it on with hopes. I went to settings> accounts> facebook and opened facebook. Instead of clicking sync or sync now... I clicked on remove account via the bottom right option. I then went back to settings> accounts> facebook and added facebook which I had to log onto again. Once that was done it immediately refreshed my list and all of my fb friends were now in my contact / link to page. I'm a happy man!

10. pdykstra

congrats! and yeah, I think that is kind of the temporary solution until HTC actually releases a fix. It seems like your problem was more severe than mine. I never had more than 4 or 5 contacts fail to sync out of about 700 friends on facebook at any given time, but it still would be annoying at times nonetheless. The problem though is that sometimes with this method, you may be able to get some contacts to start syncing, while I've noticed others that previously worked would fail. It also doesn't guarantee that new facebook friends will sync properly.

Since reflashing my ROM a few days ago, though, I haven't found any friends that have failed to sync. Maybe they've fixed the syncing issue, or maybe we've both just gotten lucky. I'm not really sure but I hope its been fixed.