facebook

Last Updated:

1. bh8690

bh8690 Member This Topic's Starter

After updating a contact's phone information, the facebook sync'd picture disappeared and refuses to reppear regardless of manual or autosync.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

Make sure you spell the first and last name of the contact in your phone exactly as it appears in facebook (or is in real life). ex: Jim Jones instead of Jim or Jimmy

3. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

make it go to the touch facebook site and then back to the contact list.....

contacts >> click contact >> view facebook profile >> press back

it should sync it :) but it is time consuming!

4. bh8690

bh8690 Member This Topic's Starter

Radikal....not clear on instructions....if I tap contacts ,and then open a specific contact that is missing facebook info, there is nothing further to select...please elaborate

FYI...spoke with Motorola (they suck)...accordingly , if you removr facebook account, all asociated gmail accounts will be deleted; ridiculous.

5. admorris

admorris Well-Known Member

Yea, I have to admit that the facebook/contact integration on this phone absolutely sucks. I am having a similar problem as you and have yet to figure it out. Something this simple shouldn't be this damn difficult. I would like to just figure out how to add a phone number to someone already synced with FB that is in my contacts. That seems impossible as well. Pretty unreal for a phone of this caliber.

6. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I had a few new facebook "friends" I added the other day. I added them on the computer but they did not show up on the phone. I had to sign out of the phone account and sign back in and then they were there.

7. eNons3nse

eNons3nse Well-Known Member

did you have sync turned off?

8. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I do since I don't want all my facebook "friends" in my phone contacts. The majority of contacts are not people I would ever call.

9. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

I had this happen, it took almost two days but it finally did it by itself.

10. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

ok... go to contacts >> click a specific contact >> click their facebook profile *should be in the contact info* and then click their photo, mess around on their profile, when ya exit that, the pic SHOULD be on the contact list :) but if not, i dunno. I got a GOOD droid, havent had ANY issues really.

11. eNons3nse

eNons3nse Well-Known Member

first off, i meant to ask if you had the sync function turned off at the time using a power manager application like the widget. many people use the widget to keep any syncing with google and facebook cloud info turned off to conserve battery life and only turn it on once a day or so or when they know they've changed something that needs to sync back to the cloud or vice versa.

secondly, there is an option when you enable facebook contact sync to only sync facebook info with people who are already in your google contacts and ignore the rest of your facebook friends. this way you only add facebook info to your current contacts rather than add any new unwanted contacts from facebook. the only problem with this is that if the person's name in your google contacts doesn't exactly match the name that they use on facebook, the sync won't recognize them and you have to change their name in your google contacts to match.

12. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

You can create a folder on a home screen that will store the facebook contacts that are NOT already in your contacts.