FacebookGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Mortx

Mortx Member This Topic's Starter

If someone could point me in the right direction I'm sure this is out there but I am unable to find a post on it, or find it via google. That being said...

I linked my contact list with facebook on my Eris and now it changes the persons picture everytime they change their picture. And I don't see any other benefit of having facebook linked in my contacts list. That being said, how do I unlink facebook from my contacts list and go back to the way I have it setup with gmail?

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Edit the contact ... click on the field that says Facebook and gives their name. A popup will come up acking of you want to remove facebook ... press ok.

3. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

How did you get it to update the pictures automatically? Mine only uses the picture from the initial link, and most of them have been changed on Facebook by now but my phone still shows the old one :(

4. cevMkV

cevMkV Well-Known Member

x2 me too...i even tried to manually update a few and it still doesn't work

5. DDustiNN

The only way I've been able to do it is to Unlink a contact, then Link again. But that's annoying and totally defeats the purpose...

6. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

People > Updates and Events (Its at the bottom with the sync symbol) > Menu > Update Now.

That should refresh all the pictures and give you the current ones.

7. DDustiNN

That's what I thought to... I've done that before, and then I got an annoying slew of other unwanted updates, and they wouldn't stop coming for a good 10-15 minutes... Very irritating to have to keep clearing those notifications, only for them to keep coming back :(

8. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Yes, you will get the other notifications as well ... but not usually for 15 minutes.

9. DDustiNN

I was likely exaggerating due to the annoyance ;)

But in all honestly, those notifications are completely worthless. It would be better if it actually notified you of "real" Facebook notifications, instead of lame profile updates and stuff. This will forever drive me crazy...

10. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I cant stand the notifications from it ... I wish it just gave you the notifications you get on facebook ... you know like when someone comments on your post or a post you commented on... ect.

11. DDustiNN

Yep that's exactly what I'm saying... Otherwise it seems so useless. Whoever worked on this integration feature clearly has never even used Facebook...

12. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Bloo is actually very close to this ... it only gives the notifications you would see in facebook! The only problem is that I keep getting the same notifications over and over again.

13. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I agree with the notifications. I rely on the Facebook email notifications, then go to either the app or touch site to check. Tedious, but it works.

14. Mortx

Mortx Member This Topic's Starter

well I have went through and unlinked them twice now, but every 2 hours when it updates, it changes my contacts back to facebook. any clue how to permanently disable it from changing people in my contacts list?