Facebook

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

Is it me, or is the Facebook app poor? Eg. Notifications don't work? I also can't get the "Facebook Pop" notification to work. It plays in the music player, but doesn't play in the notification menu.

Advertisement
  2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

Fine here. I have had issues in the past but non recently.

The was a fix for notifications that meant using your Facebook on a blackberry and authorising the blackberry app on your pc and then going back to your Android. Not sure if that's valid now though as the facebook app had changed so much recently

S.
  3. gingersnapgirl

gingersnapgirl Well-Known Member

I find it's hit or miss. Sometimes notifications will work fine for an entire day, sometimes they'll work initially but then stop, and sometimes they just won't work at all.
  4. kopkiwi

kopkiwi Well-Known Member

Hands down, the worst app on the market. Every update makes it worse. Somehow.

Some days some features work, the next day the same features are broken. It's a stupid POS
  5. miskairal

miskairal Member

My issue is the images don't fully show (unless you click on them), in portrait mode the side is cut off and in landscape mode the top and/or bottom is cut off. This app is so bad I use my browser :(
  6. PrayingMantis

PrayingMantis Member

The app is great when it works, but when it doesn't.... :eek:
    I have issues mainly with uploading pics. Stuck at 20% most of the time, have to restart phone to get things moving....

Sent from a superdupa Android phone using Tapatalk
  7. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

I hated the fb app. I finally uninstalled it and I use the browser. I just put a bookmark on my home screen so I can get to it quickly.
  8. fightingirish

fightingirish Well-Known Member

The Android FB app is terrible. Very slow and bloated (up to 13mb now!). There is Friendcaster, which is much smaller and more responsive, though the interface isn't as attractive. I mostly use the mobile site through the Opera browser, but keep the FB app mostly for uploading pics and video.

Apparently, iOS got a brand new redesigned version of the FB app. Hopefully, they will roll something like that out to Android, and not just another version with bandaids slapped on it.
  9. gale65

gale65 Well-Known Member

figures, after I posted that. Suddenly the facebook site is not working well with the default browser. I downloaded naked browser but am not very impressed so far.
  10. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Facebook used to be real bad on all Android phones but since I had my S3 and upgraded to jelly bean, I have not faced any problem.[/FONT]