Facebook..General

Last Updated:

1. SecretSexyNinja

SecretSexyNinja Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I updated the standard facebook app, thinking it would give me the option to sync w contacts but it didn't. I'm thinking HTC intentionally disabled that.

Anyway, with the new updated Facebook, it now gives me errors when I try to drag in the facebook widget... anyone know how I can revert to the old FB app?

Advertisement
  2. jcramer83

jcramer83 Member

same thing happened to me. Just goto Menu-> settings->Application-> Manage Applications.. From there you will see a Face Update listed. Remove the update and it will revert you back to the orig version. Then the widget can be added correctly.

If you cant find it you can hit menu and sort by applications that you download. This makes the list shorter and easier to find the update you installed

SecretSexyNinja likes this.
  3. SecretSexyNinja

SecretSexyNinja Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thx!

4. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

My contacts are synced with FB. You have to do it in the 'People' app.

5. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

How do you get Facebook notifications to show up on the phone in the notification bar? All I get are email notifications that someone left me a comment, message, etc. Is there a way to actually get a FB notification?

6. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

I posted the exact same thing last night and the last I checked, there was no clear answer. I'd like to know that is well.

7. letters

letters Well-Known Member

Me three.

On my blackberry I didn't get an email with Facebook. Instead, I got a facebook notification.

8. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

Same here.....and when you clicked on the notification, it opened it up in the Facebook app, not opened up the web browser to direct you to facebook mobile (lame). I guess this isn't so with Android.

9. mister_tu

mister_tu Well-Known Member

I just went through my 336 contacts and manually did it...it was a pita, but now I can fb stalk people more than the other 12 ways I had before.