facebookGeneral

Last Updated:

1. chevytrucks2021

chevytrucks2021 Member This Topic's Starter

So im running software 2.1 i got from here and i love it so far but the facebook importing my phonebook drives me nuts. I like my contacts being linked but when im going to send a text or something it has my facebook phone numbers in it. People i dont talk to over the phone and there email addresses. They are hidden from contact list but when composing a sms they are there. I tryed unselecting sync contacts but no luck. Anyone know what i can do about it besides unlinking my facebook? i like my contacts linked to ppls profiles just dont care for the extra numbers

Advertisement
  2. bradrobster@gmail.com

bradrobster@gmail.com Active Member

3. bradrobster@gmail.com

Ok, I just downloaded and installed from the link and ran it. I still had the contacts showing in my overall phone list so I removed my facebook account and this got rid of all of them. I then added back the facebook account, quickly de-selected the "sync contacts". Then I re-ran the syncmypics app and it worked great. Anyone in my real phone book contacts that had a facebook account had their pic updated but nothing else is synced anymore. Now I don't have to worry about calling some of those people who I have not talked to in 20+ years...and don't really want to. :)

4. chevytrucks2021

chevytrucks2021 Member This Topic's Starter

okay thanks ill give it a try............so a little off topic but i notice this V3 thing you have next to the 2.1? i got the one that the "verizon employee" posted on here is that the same thing?

5. bradrobster@gmail.com

I am not sure about the "verizon employee" one, I got mine from the link that Caddy put out here. Here is a link to the sticky. It has all the directions in the first part of the thread. I think down a few posts are the build numbers. The Software Number ( on the Settings->About Phone->Software Information, is 2.36.605.1.

Hope this helps, here is the v3 link below

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/69688-htc-droid-eris-os-2-1v3-download.html