Faceplate and back screws?Support

Last Updated:

1. eltee

eltee Active Member

I would like to change out the four screws holding the faceplate and the 4 in back. I thought maybe brass or black would look great. Anyone know:

1. If the screws can be removed safely without endangering the watertight integrity or having things fall off inside?
    2. The length and threading?
    3. Torque setting, if any?

I know I have to use a special security screwdriver to get the originals out.

Thanks for any info.

2. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member

Wow I was hoping for some replies. I do know that they can affect the water tight integrity. The silver ring as we call it is actually just part of the rear Bezel. If you pull the screws you should be able to pry the front Bezel off and see how the screen, chassis, and rear Bezel are sealed.if you do this I recommend you clean any adhesive off and find a suitable sealant fort reassembly. I have not completed these steps but got a brief run down from some one who knows these things. Also to check your integrity you can use a soft turkey baster and an o ring in the headphone port. Don't let it suck too hard though. Think of it as reverse atmospheric testing but remember water is thicker than air so ~3psi water is roughly equal to ~1psi air as far as seals go.let me know how it goes.
    Good luck,
  3. ireland6

ireland6 New Member

My Motorola Bravo screen cracked after dropping. I bought a new housing unit thinking it would be simple to change it out. I now realize it could be tricky and that I could end up with my phone not usable. Any tips on changing the screen part of the phone?:(