Factory Data Reset: How to ensure that my previously downloaded apps do NOT auto re-install?General

1. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

In the past when doing a factory reset, all of my previous downloaded apps automatically re-installed back to my Moto X. How do I STOP this from happening this time?

I thought of just deleting the ones i don't want, prior to the re-install, but also thought there was a way of keeping the phone from auto downloading them during the setup after the factory reset.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

When the phone first starts and you sign in to Google, make sure that you remove the check on "backup and restore my phone". As long as that isn't checked, it shouldn't reinstall your apps.
    bixler777 likes this.
  3. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member

Can i do this PRIOR to the sign in process...like before i do the reset....or do i have due it during the factory reset?

thanks much.
  4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Go into your Google account through settings, at the top there is a backup check-box, make sure it's not ticked. If it was then I'd uncheck it and reboot and make sure it's still off. Then do your factory reset and do not check the option to backup.
    bixler777 likes this.