Factory Data Reset vs. Format Phone StorageSupport

Last Updated:

1. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anybody familiar with the difference between 'factory data reset' under 'privacy' and 'format phone storage' under 'sd card and phone storage.'

i'm getting the 'disc full' alert despite having plenty of space left, and factory data resets don't seem to be 'taking' (when the phone re-starts, i don't have to dial *288...the phone comes up fairly normal with my apps missing).

i'm wondering if 'format phone storage' might take care of the problem.

i know factory data reset doesn't cause you to loose root. does format phone storage leave root intact?

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Format phone storage will just format the internal memory, erasing pictures and data and such. Settings are preserved.

zoidberg28 likes this.
  3. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Yeah dont do that, it will erase your stuff :)

4. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well, i have a nandroid backup. any reason not to do a 'format phone storage' if i can do a nandroid restore? i'm getting sick of this full disc space message...it's preventing me from downloading apps.

i'd just be worried that doing the format phone storage woulld un-root the phone, and then i wouldn't be able to do a nandroid restore :)

5. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that would even fix your issue. Did you bother searching for a fix? I know it was posted in plenty of threads. It has something to do with email.