Factory image reset

Last Updated:

1. redpandavfx

redpandavfx New Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings,

I've had my hero modded since the root breakthrough, but now it's giving me problems (i knew this going in, but anyways). I'm trying to install the new Sprint update and having issues. After it downloads and tells me it needs to restart to finish the install, the phone freezes. It sits at the 'htc' logo at boot and doesn't do anything. I waited 5 minutes, I waited an hour... nothing. The only thing that saves it if I take out the battery and start it up again. When it does, the phone works just like it was before, but no update.

1. Is there a work around for modded phones to get native Sprint updates?

2. If not, I'm totally fine with installing there original Sprint HTC Hero image...

3. Where do I get that image? I searched this forum and can only find mods.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Advertisement
  2. awesomecomb

awesomecomb Well-Known Member

3. redpandavfx

Thanks for posting those links... I followed the RRU file (the last link for sprint/us version) and it worked really well. It updated my rooted phone to the latest ROM version in about 10 minutes.

Please note that it basically reformatted the phone, meaning EVERYTHING had to be set up again... like my google email, address book, etc. I'm not sure yet if it 'unrooted' the phone... will post once I find out.

Otherwise, the phone is running very well!

4. redpandavfx

Ok, so the phone is definitely 'unrooted' back to the original. After the RUU install, there were two more updates via Firmware Update, which brought my phone up to the following:

Firmware ver 1.5
    Build no. 1.56.651.2 CL85027 release-keys
    Software ver. 1.56.651.2
    Hardware ver. 002

I'm not sure if this is the latest and greatest from Sprint, but there you go. I might hold off on rooting the phone again, since it's official that rooted phones can not get regular updates via Sprint. I will deal with stupid NFL TV and other bullshit for a while longer lol

5. awesomecomb

awesomecomb Well-Known Member

Thank you the RUU worked.