• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Factory nandroid needed

DWILSON48625

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
Harrison Mi
If you have a m865c from straight talk, and would be willing to post/share a nandroid, I'd be very gratefull.

I flashed a Rom before activating. Dumb move.. formatted sd after doin my nandroid.. even dumber move.

Can't use the Modded stock roms. No profile update, or hiddenmenu.apk. ##72786# does nothin.

Can't activate unless I update the profile.

Phone is a gift, and I've clearly rushed and dorked it up.

Thanks!

After searching for a rom, a factory rom, I came across this..

!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!

Now, from what I gather from the thread, it IS INDEED the UPDATE.APP for the m865C (straight talk).

BUT, when you try to install the zip from CWM, per the instructions, it fails. So, I copied the method that the Cricket users do. With no success.

Heres what Ive tried.

1. Unzipped on my PC
2. Copied the UPDATE.APP file to a folder named "dload"
3. Placed folder on SD Root
4. Powered off
5. Holding vol dwn/up both together, then power, it would start the update.

BUT it fails at the start of step 2. Same if I try this with any other UPDATE.APP for this phone. Right now, Id like it to brick, just for spite, lol.

This is all in the attempt to merely update the profile to activate this $40 phone for my daughter.

I resume the hunt for a rom that allows the profile update.. Its nuts that I can find a pile of roms at www.unleashedprepaids.com, but not a single factory rom..

Upvote 0
Thanks to a friendly user at XDA,"MCDIETZ", I am now able to post a link to a factory, rooted, rom for the STRAIGHT TALK M865C.

Download zip, unzip, place folder on sd card in folder /clockworkmod/backups.

You may need to delete the md5 file (nandroid.md5 file).I used ROOT EXPlORER for this.
Create new file with exact same name. File will be empty, thats ok. YOU WILL NEED TO DO THIS ONLY IF YOU GET A MD5 CHECKSUM ERROR WHEN RESTORING.

This is on my dropbox, so no weird guesses on which download button to hit. Nice and easy.

File is 119.18mb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydaxwaa7pxvo8z3/2012-11-02-m865c-stock.zip

Reactions: aljamima
Upvote 0
Hope you're squared-away now, DWILSON :) :thumbup:.

FYI, I've moved your thread to the all-things-root area for this device.

A word of caution about removing the nandroid.md5 file a Nandroid backup that one might be restoring--if you're removing it because you get MD5 mismatches, well, that mismatch is telling you that you have an incomplete / corrupted download for at least one of the files in your Nandroid backup.

Turning off that safety mechanism is probably not advised as it may lead to one restoring partial files which may result in unpredictable behavior of your ROM.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones