Factory Reset after Unrevoke

Last Updated:

1. nwmotogeek

nwmotogeek Member This Topic's Starter

I ran unrevoke 3 and then unrevoke forever and now I want to do a factory reset. When I run the hardware reset from within Android it appears to TRY and then reboots the phone. When it reboots it still has my service information programed into it. No matter how man times I try it still has my service information on the phone.

I went into the hboot menu of the phone and chose 'Clear' and that did do a factory reset. I then re-activated the phone to try another 'HW reset' through the OS but it fails AGAIN.

I need help

Advertisement
  2. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

About the only way I had found was to go back to 2.1 with stock recovery (pretty easy with s-off) and reset from there.

3. nwmotogeek

nwmotogeek Member This Topic's Starter

How do I go about putting the stock 2.1 recovery back on?

4. najaboy

http://adrynalyne.us/files/recovery/stock/PB31IMG.zip

Flash as you would any other PB31IMG.zip (from HBOOT). Please not that this will bring you back to stock everything (except s-off). It will be as if you have a fresh from the factory phone with s-off.

The link to adrynalyne's page with the file is Stock HTC Incredible Recovery Image Just another blog. I would strongly suggest going there just to verify the md5 of the file you download to ensure that the download didn't corrupt before you flash.

5. johnbrain

johnbrain Well-Known Member

Does this also restore the radio back to 1.0? In the event we ever get the OTA AND we even care after our ROM fun.

6. najaboy

You should be at HBOOT .77, radio 1.00, stock 2.1, and stock recovery with this. It will be just like you unboxed the phone, save for having s-off.

johnbrain likes this.
  7. johnbrain

johnbrain Well-Known Member

Sweet