Factory reset data

Last Updated:

1. wadethr33

wadethr33 Member

So I am a new owner of a rooted HTC sensation and now I am having major issues with battery life. I was told that if I factory reset all my data on the phone that it will help.

My question is, if I do this with a rooted phone, will I get a brick?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

selecting "factory data reset" in a stock roms menu options will likely just take you to your custom recovery without doing anything. with a permanently installed custom recovery,your best bet is go to recovery,and chose the option to "wipe data/factory reset"

while this wont hurt,and may clear some caches and free space,i doubt its going to do much for your battery life.
    wadethr33 likes this.
  3. wadethr33

wadethr33 Member

thank you very much for the quick reply
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

your welcome. click the "thanks" button on the post wherever someone helps you,its a much appreciated gesture here at android forums.

just holler if you have any other questions :)
    wadethr33 likes this.
  5. Tom Highway

Tom Highway Member

What WOULD help with battery life? Mine has gotten ridiculous - like, normal use drains the battery 50-60% in two hours or so, using just texting and looking up things every now and then on the web, not heavy use.
  6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Try either using Juice Defender or if you like doing things yourself set up some profiles using Tasker.