Factory reset didn't work....Support

1. returnofsid

returnofsid New Member

Or maybe it did, but not the way I expected.

So, I've had my Vibrant for about 4 days. Day 1, I rooted it and installed Titanium Backup, which I used to delete a bunch of Bloatware.

Today, I decided to try something different, and wanted to totally wipe the phone clean, restored back to "out of the box" condition. So, I did a Factory Data Reset, via Menu>Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset. First I tried the Power Button/Volumn Buttons, but that wouldn't work for me.

Anyway, I finished with the Factory Data Reset and noticed that all of my Market Apps are gone, including Titanium Backup. Funny thing is, I believe the phone is still Rooted, because I still have the Superuser Permission icon. However, none of the Bloatware that I'd deleted, is back on the phone. Of course, since I deleted Titanium Backup, with the reset, I can't access my Titanium Backup that I'd made...lol.

I still want to reset this phone to "out of box" condition, but can't figure out how. I want to delete EVERYTHING, including contacts, music on SD card, and I want everything reinstalled, that came with the phone. At that point, I'm going to do more research, before deleting bloatware. I don't even care if I lose my "ROOT." If needed, I can re-root it.

So, is it possible, to get this phone back to factory condition? First off, this is my first Android and I'm completely an idiot, when it comes to androids...lol. I have no idea what SDK, ADB, or any of those other initials mean, or how to use them. So, unfortunately, I'm going to need to be able to read very detailed, step by step, idiot like, instructions.

Okay, I hope what I just did wasn't an even bigger mistake...lol.

After reading through a couple of threads, I found and tried this hidden code.

Originally Posted by djquick [​IMG] That's the one!! Also, there is a thread that tells you what bloatware apps are safe to remove, after you do a back-up, search for that thread and read through it.

On a side note, if you're still learning or never used odin to flash a rom before; there is also a hidden code that is used for factory format. It'll remove all files and settings including the internal memory storage and reformats it. It'll also reinstall the phone firmware from when you took it out of the box. Just go to your dialer and put *2767*3855# and it will perform the factory format for you.

Hope this helps.
    Nope, didn't make any difference. Seemed to do the same thing as a Factory Data Reset.

So, now I'll await advice...lol.

Advertisement
    :