Factory Reset Done - Unable to program phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. hazeof3dd

hazeof3dd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just did a factory reset to solve my gmail and contact syncing issues, and now that the phone is all started up again, I keep getting a voice while doing the *228 option 1 that says "we are unable to program your phone at this time". Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. hazeof3dd

Now I tried to do it online, and myverizon is showing all of my information as "unavailable at this time" is there just something wrong with verizon right now?

3. bpk116

bpk116 Active Member

I belive Verizon does its maint. and updating @ midnight on Sunday. I've been unable to access my account several times when trying to do so at this time.

4. JAS_21

JAS_21 Well-Known Member

Maybe something big is in the works on the network :D

5. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

I had this same problem once when I had to do a hard reset on my old storm. I ended up having to call verizon cs from a landline while they were doing whatever on their computer. It solved my problem then, if you don't get it right yourself, try that

6. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member

Try option 3...

7. arock

arock Well-Known Member

If you still cant get it to work, sometimes pulling the battery out and putting it back in again can work. Also if you dial *22899, it goes straight into programming without having to push any other buttons.

8. hazeof3dd

It must have been cause of it being after midnight on Sunday, cause it worked find this morning. Now I have to get a new authentication number though, so I gotta find someone else's phone to call VZW on...

9. ericlmccormick

ericlmccormick Well-Known Member

I did a factory reset myself and it was able to be programmed but when i went to make a call the system rejected me saying that my phone could not be verified. I had to call and talk to an actual person and they had to reset a security setting over the network. Your issue sounds a little different but the solution might be the same.

10. joshminton

joshminton Well-Known Member

I had the exact same problem a couplr weeks ago. I tried doing it like 4 times or so. I waites like a few hours then tried again and it worked. not sure what the problem was exactly.