Factory Reset & Google Search WidgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. naivenitin

naivenitin New Member This Topic's Starter

I am new 2 android forums. i hav purchased my HTC explorer abt 2 months back. Due to my not-so-good knowledge abt android functioning, i hav to twice "Factory Data Reset" my explorer...n then just yesterday i have to again do that just because my phone was a lil bit more hanging.
    Everything is working fine since then...except my "google search widget" which is not getting updated to new classy look version...its been two days n there is no auto-update thing going wid it..."google search widget" is still d same old version 1.1.2.64376

and i want to update dis widget to new version which is more classy & is coming in new android smartphones... PLZ help me in tackling dis problem..
    n also i need to know dat- Does it do any harm to my explorer n its systems if factory data resetting is done frequently (although i am not gonna do that dat much frequently :p..)

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I doubt you'll get the new version without rooting or if your phones software is updated officially.

There's no real harm in factory resetting often. I wouldn't do it all the time, but once every couple of months isn't going to be too harmful.

naivenitin likes this.
  3. naivenitin

naivenitin New Member This Topic's Starter

Sir....Thanx 4 d response..
    jst need a suggestion from u that whether shud i wait for official update of "google search widget" for GingerBread devices (as the current update is only for JellyBean devices which is incompatible for my explorer)... or re-reset my explorer after a couple of months...(so that if there was any discrepancy with last time reset of phone..which can be eliminated after next reset)...:confused:

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I'm not sure if the Google Search Widget will ever receive an update for GB devices, not sure factory resetting will help either, sorry.