factory reset not working?

Last Updated:

1. draker18

draker18 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought a motorola droid from some1 today off of craigslist and I took it to verizon to have it activated which was fine. But when verizon tried doing a reset it didn't work. All the previous guys stuff is still on it. And because of that I can't get rid of his email address so I can't access the market to get apps because I don't know his password. It seems he put a Launcher2 Mod on it and I can't get it off if anyone has any ideas PLEASE let me know!!!!

Advertisement
  2. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

try turning off your phone, then turning it on while holding the x button, keep holding until an image (not the regular droid eye) appears on the screen, now you can let go of x. Now hold the 'up' volume button on the right side of the phone press the camera button. This should take you to a recovery screen where you will be able to reset the phone.

3. draker18

Ok I turned phone off, held the power button and x, the motorola image appeared so I let go of x and pushed the volume up button and the camera button while holding the power button and nothing.

4. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

Gonna have to hold X a little longer. After the Moto symbol comes up while you are still holding X a pic with an "!" will show up, now you let go of X and hold volume up while you press the camera button.

5. draker18

I held the power button with X for 30mins and still nothing. the guy put WaveSecure on it and Helix 2 so I don't know whats going on.

6. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

you aren't holding the power button down the entire time are you? I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything but hold down X, press power only long enough to see the moto logo then let go of power while you continue to hold down X until you see the screen with the exclamation point.

Again, not trying to be mean in anyway, just trying to make sure that you are taking the correct steps in order to get to the screen needed.

7. draker18

No i was holding the power button but i tried it with the way u just advised and nothing. it just sits at the moto screen...

8. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

You could try flashing 2.0.1 back on the phone. After it's complete, you'll have to re-activate (easy it walks you through, you literally just press like 1 or something), and then once everything finishes the 2.1 update will be offered to you (either update it, or if you want root don't and look in the all things root thread). Anyways, the instructions for flashing are here:

http://androidforums.com/all-things...an-live-without-fear-bricking.html#post370253