• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory reset or not?

AteamSpec

Lurker
Dec 8, 2016
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a new phone and decided to do something nice and give my old phone (ZTE Maven) away to a friend of mine that needed a newer phone than what they had. And now I am afraid I didn't take enough time and make sure that everything had been wiped out. I followed the instructions I found online by pressing the volume up and power button to enter that menu and 'factory reset' it. When it was done I turned it on and it was the welcome screen as if I just took it out of the box. (At this point I didn't think to go any further and check to see if my text convos or photos or anything was actually deleted) I already gave my friend the phone and now I just kind of nervous/anxious about if she turns on the phone with her own sim in it if all my texts and pics whatnot will be on there. Any help to ease my mind will help. Thank you!

Hi,

If you have not removed your google account before the factory reset,
Your friend should have to enter the email ID and password which was existing in the device at the time of factory reset to open the device.
When the account is activated the stuff related to this account will be restored.
If it is backed up.
( Settings> Backup & reset> backup my data> checked)
If there is no your account there is nothing to worry.

For using sim card only there is no problem.

Reactions: Jfalls63 and Bg260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones