• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory Reset Problem!

Ihatetech1

Lurker
Feb 11, 2013
I purchased a new Motorola Droid Razr HD a few weeks ago..Did a factory reset as my brother was going to buy it from me...Well, I waited a half hour and nothing happened after it powered off...So, I pressed the power button to turn it back on...The only thing it will do is display the Motorola Icon as it always does on startup (although now it will not do the wave thing surrounding it as it powers up)...Just the non animated icon...So, I do the hold down on the power button an up volume arrow...Nothing...So, then I do the hold power button and down volume, the ANDROID dude comes up, the process bar flashes and runs and runs and then it shows the ANDROID guy laying on his back and shuts off???...WTH happened???

When it shows ANDROID on his back there is an explanation mark in red on him

This is the only thing I could find when I googled the issue...It is an acer tablet, but sort of alike as my phone gets stuck on the Motorola screen...http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/acer-iconia-tab-a500-forum/44382-green-android-laying-down-red-triangle-exclamation-point-
inside.html

I have tried it with SIM in and SIM out...Both volume up and down + power...All with the same result...On his back, with the red exclamation point then turns off again...

Phone will not power up at all...So I cannot get into the phone to o anything...

IDK

I have been at this for hours without any headway

I only did a factory reset once, and my memory is not the best. I read your post twice so forgive me if this isn't right. When the android is on its back, push both volumes (up and down) at the same time. I THINK this will take you to the menu to do the reset. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but give it a try. I'm sorry if it doesn't work, but it's worth a try. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones