Factory reset questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When you power up your device by using the volume down + power button, then when it brings up the boot screen you hold volume up + power button....everybody still with me?....it brings up options to do a factory reset, apply sd card, etc. etc.

Is this the same factory reset that is located in the menu> settings> security (I think that's correct) ? I tried it yesterday and seems my phone runs better. Sense seems to be responding better and I haven't had any force closes. This may be in my head but maybe it works to fix some pesky problems. I am on leak v3.

Advertisement
  2. paleodust

paleodust Well-Known Member

Apparently so. Also, I've seen several reports of people doing a factory reset (either way should work, I would think) after installing the OTA and getting improved performance. My guess is that resetting the settings to factory settings (How do you like that sentance? :p) clears out the clutter and confusion and lets it run the way it was designed and/or optimized at the factory.

3. Sorry for the noobish question, but - would a factory reset fix my contact issues? I lost most of my Favorites after the OTA and can't sync them back in. I already tried clearing People data...

4. paleodust

paleodust Well-Known Member

Not sure. It's probably worth a try.