factory reset questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. erisx

erisx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi! So i have a few questions concerning the factory reset option on this phone

1. Ok so i saw on one of the forums that a factory reset would improve the eris. Is this true?

2. So I backed up all the apps/data on my phone to the sdcard. After the reset, what do i do to get all my stuff back?

3. After the factory reset, what happens next??

Sorry if these are noobish questions :p Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Welcome to the forum Erisx.

A factory reset is a good idea when a major change takes place to the phone or a serious problem occurs. If your OS just updated or you are having a lot of apps locking up and crashing then a factory reset might help out. If your phone is just running a little slow then it may speed up a bit after a reset, but only because it is a fresh installation. Most of the time you will see an improvement simply clearing the cache on the phone and removing some unused apps.

As far as backups go, if you are syncing your contacts, calendar and mail with gmail then you don't need to worry about it for those three or your apps. All of those things will come back when you sign in again and your apps will be listed under downloads in market waiting for a reinstall. Text messages and possibly a few other things won't be backed up, but you shouldn't really be keeping too many of those on your phone anyway.

After the reset, you are holding you phone in the same way that it was on the day you bought it. What you do from there is up to you.

3. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

4. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

Before you do the reset, get AppBrain and sync it so that all your apps are on appbrain under "my apps". Next, do a select all in the my apps list and copy that to a new list.
    [​IMG]
    After that go ahead and do the reset. When everything comes back to life, reinstall appbrain and do a sync. Go to appbrain on the web and select the apps from the saved list and move them to the list the phone created. On the phone do the sync and start installing away.

5. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

You could also back up the .apks using astro and it creates a folder on the SD card with all the apps you had installed. Makes it very easy to reinstall apps.

Or the very first time you go to the market after a reset go to menu>My Downloads and it will list everything you had installed and allow you to reinstall very easily. Only down fall is that that list is only there the first time to go to the market. If you happen to exit or get a call while in that list it wont come back up.