Factory Reset - what remains, what is on the SD Card

Last Updated:

1. CRJ343

CRJ343 New Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to do a Factory reset so I can dispose of the single Googlemail account which the Desire is preventing me from deleting.

I have a number of questions :-
    1/ Is there anyway I can remove this account without doing the Reset ?
    2/ What is removed by the reset ?
    3/ What can be backed up onto the SD card

We bought this phone through T-Mobile (UK) so will "their" settings be lost or are they restored from the SD card ?
    If I restore from the SD card am I going to restore the Googlemail account I wanted to delete ? ​

Advertisement
  2. pspbricker

pspbricker Well-Known Member

I can only tell you about my unbranded Desire - don't know if T-mobile specific apps will be installed, but their settings (SMS, data etc) will be restored upon reset - it will ask you if you use pre or postpay.

If you just want to remove the account without a reset, go to menu, settings, accounts & sync, google, and remove account.

The reset removes all downloaded software from your device, and contacts too. Beware that if you delete the Google account, you delete any contacts you have, and you can only download the contacts from Google if you reinstall the Gmail account.

You can back all your settings and preferences up on the SD card before the reset.

What's the problem with the google mail account?

3. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

I had asked a similar question to HTC customer care, and they told me to go to 'manage applications' and delete data for gmail. I haven't tried it yet.